Colorado Deer

oljc

Hey guys I'm new to the site but just a few quick thoughts on Colorado Deer Season Proposals,seems that DOW won't be happy till they kill off as many adult bucks as they can, and the reasoning for this is because of CWD being found in some of the older class bucks,well the reason it's being found is because they are looking for it,hell I could eventually catch a fish if I went fishing everyday!Then they want to tell us some ridiculous story about how 1 in 10 or whatever number they pull out of the air is infected with it.I have hunted NW Colorado for the past 35+ years and back when you saw a sick deer that's what you saw, a sick deer that wasn't going to make it through the winter,now every sick deer they see has CWD.The deer herd is finally recovering, but now they want to take the seasons into the rut longer with the new proposals so they can put more pressure on Mature bucks!Bad idea!!!Sure the hunting will be good for awhile, but there will be another major winter kill in the coming winters and that will take out the sick and unfortunately a lot of Mature Bucks.But, this is how Mother Nature has done it for years.DOW will be the ruin of Quality Deer hunting in Colorado sooner than later.I'm no expert,just a Mule deer hunter watching Colorado go down the drain.Good luck this year.Thanks

Welcome to the Montana approach of deer management. Colorado still has it pretty good it can get and maybe will get really bad.

Wish I worked for the gov't in Colorado. The worse you are at your job, the better the promotion.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom