Colorado DIY Ram

coyote

8911big_horn_sheep_003.jpg

I finaly got it done last night. What an exciting adventure it has been. My ram has 16 1/4 bases and we scored him at 166. I am happy with him it is a hunt that I will never forget.

Congratulations Coyote. Nice ram.
You just completed a quest that few hunters get a chance to even attempt.
I'd love to hear more about your adventure.

Thanks guys for the comments, We scouted alot this summer saw alot of rams just nothing real big, I was able to find out where some of the other hunters were going to hunt so we decided to backpack into a spot that has produced good rams in the past but we had not scouted it before. Turns out we hiked all the way in there and ran into 1,000 head of domestic sheep what a let down we hunted hard 3 days and only saw 3 ewes so we came out early and tried plan b the ram I ended up getting was spotted by a friend bowhunting. He kept seeing him every few days. I had hunted him 3 different times before we spotted him. once we spotted him he was pretty easy to stalk I got to within 325yds before I could see him. He was with 4 other rams he was the best in the group. when I shot him he came down the mountain end over end for about 100yds where he hit a big enough rock that it stoped him. I have to admit I got a little emotional when I walked up to him. what a beautiful animal in Gods beautiful creation. Then the work began getting him out of that steep mountain side. I wouldn't change a thing. I think he is only 6 yrs old I can't imangine what he would have looked like in a few more years. His bases are 16 1/4 inches and his horn length is 30inches he is 3/4 curl on one side and 7/8 on the other. what a awesome adventure it has been.

Great ram, story, and picture! You have tons of guys living vicariously through you right now! Don't worry about the emotions, I would have been weeping like a child. Awesome scenery and beautiful ram! Congrats!

Congrats!!

I am hunting sheep this year as well, no rams seen so far... I'm glad your sheep hunting dreams came true!!

For me, the hunt continues later this week....

ColoradoBob I was lucky enough to draw a goat tag a few years ago I had 8points for them as well. Man I would love to kill Colorado's big 10. I lack whitetail, Mt Lion, Dessert big horn, and Moose. I have taken alot of whitetail just none in Colorado.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom