Colorado DOW.... WOW

oldmossback

So Aug 5th. After the screwed up 1st draw back in May now we are sitting here in line for leftovers. They went on sale at 9am and their system went down immediately . So now just here at the denver location there are 200 people that have been waiting for 2.5 hours now.
They could not have foreseen this happening with online/ merchant/ vendors all hitting their system at the same time ???
Seem like the DOW is sure batting 1000 this year between this and the 1st draw cluster.
Come on DOW get it together .. Please

This is totally unacceptable and a disservice to the hunters that fund CPW. If a private company ran their business this way, they would go bankrupt.

Our licensing system is not working statewide. We are currently working to resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience. Keep trying!

Well I doubt anyone is being patient at this point in time and since we have nothing else to do, we will just keep trying. And that cheerful exclamation point at the end really ticks me off.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-14 AT 10:42AM (MST)[p]After finally getting my sons tags verified, it kicked me out and now it shows this

Thank you for visiting our Colorado Hunting & Fishing website. The system is expected to be down between 2014-08-05 10:50CST and 2013-08-05 12:30CST. Please try again at that time. Thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

They even got their message wrong!

They had it right when you could only buy leftovers at the DOW office the first day. It prevents this crap from happening, now who know when it will work cause as soon as it starts, word will get out and it will instantly crash again and again and again!

By limiting sales to DOW offices, there was a limited amount of logins at any point, now there are 10's of thousands at any given moment, WTF did they think was going to happen?
I am not computer guru but I didn't need a PHd to know this was going to happen!

Another F-up by CO DOW this year. :( All this crap started once they merged with CO parks, never had these issues before.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

We are sitting at the denver office typing this . They are now saying maybe at 11am. A lot if really pissed off guys here that need to get back to work . I agree this is a total cluster !!!!

On one of my phone attempts, I got a recording that said something about license sales would be on Tuesday, August 6 and online sales on August 7. August 6 is Wednesday not Tuesday and do they really mean online sales would be on the 7th? I called a few more times after that just to hear it again and got a busy signal. Now they have a message saying that the system is down and it thanks us for our patience.

Wow, looks like they can't even get a recording right. Who knows what it may take for the genius folks to fix a server...says now 12 MDT

They are saying here at the denver office that they "thought " their system could handle the large hit . I don't personally think it's going to come up all day. You. Should see all the pissed off people here . Not good .

Just came up at noon, and the tag I was wanting (70 of them) are already sold out. How the F*** can that be when it was down all morning and I was like the first one on as soon as it came up at noon? I even checked online and yep sold out.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Looks and sounds like Colorado had there hay day back in the 2000-2006 era. Sad to see the DOW screw everything up and let it all slip away. Piss poor management. They better get some people in there that give a damn or it will never get better.

Wow, that ought to ruin a fellas day! I did two transactions right when it came up and they were over 30 numbers apart in less than 60 seconds time. Who knew tags would have the same rush as a damn black friday sale...

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-14 AT 01:42PM (MST)[p]I went to a local Denver area walmart that had three terminals for licenses I was #1 in line and my friend was #2. At 900 sharp my friends tags printed then the system went down and I got my tags at 925. One of the tags only had 21 leftovers I felt very lucky.

I was unable to login at 12, checked back at 1:30 and 233 doe tags were already gone. I was hoping to give my son the best chance possible to get something his first year, oh well, I guess it will have to be an elk.

I feel you guys pain. Its ashame a public service can't manage a IT problem. I left Colorado last year but here is what happened in the first drawing in 2013.

Since 2011 I was working in an adjacent state that didn't collect income taxes. I met the residency requirements of 6 months, had drivers licenses, own two homes, voted in Mesa County, and vehicles licensed in Colorado. About 10 days before the draw I get a call from a lady with CPW asking me about my resident status, since I had a temporary out of state mailing address. After arguing with her she said I couldn't claim resident status since I didn't pay income tax in 2012 in CO. I spoke to the office manager and she said I could either pay the additional non-resident fees and still enter the draw, or I could still claim that I was resident, but she would turn it over to law enforcement for investigation.

Anyhow, I call her back and told her to withdraw all my applications from the 2013 since I couldn't justify paying the non-resident fees. She tried hard to get me to at least pay the non-resident price for an elk tag. I think I said heck no I will never give the CPW another dime. About three weeks later I checked the draw results and they still entered me into the draw and I got awarded preference points.

I called her back and sent an email with no response. So my position about the CPW is its all revenue based; with minimal hunter/fisherman, biological, or public resource management involvement. They have really screwed up financially.

According to the radio, they had a record day, and sold 15K licenses. I went to the GJ office and bought 4 licenses, in less than 30 minutes.

Now, I also believe that they lie about other things....like the # of elk in the state. So, take the above w/a grain of salt.
John 14:6

They probably did sell 15k licenses considering day one is now open to internet and phone sales versus the old way of in person only on day one. They would have sold a whole lot more if they hadn't lost the first 3 1/2 hours.

I told my brother on the 4th that the system would crash and it did. I went to Walmart at 11:00 am and the system was up and I got my leftover bear tag. All states that go to online app's crash every year. This was really no surprise.
Rick

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom