Colorado/Elk/Omega/questions

B

BugleminToday

I am needing some information. I hunted Colorado for the 1st time last year and let me tell you 1st hand.....ELK hunting is better then anything ! It is better then the Super Bowl, Cable Television, etc. etc.

This season my dad will be busy during the 1st season Rifle so to compensate we are thinking on doing the Muzzleloader season in Co.

I noticed that the T/C Omega is a high choice among everyone, and they are priced well. But I am sorta bummed out that the muzzleloader does not come with a Starter kit, since I have never used one of these frontloaders before.

So I am Just wondering who uses the Omega, what are your thoughts on Conicals ( since sabots are illegal ), are Powerbelt bullets legal in Colorado ?

Which bullets are best for elk in .50 caliber ?

What does a muzzleloader kick like ?

Does everyone shoot 150 grains of Pyrodex when it comes to elk hunting ?

What would you look for in a Starter muzzleloader ?

Are there books on the market that show you how to load one and has some tips ?

I think my dad and my self are going to buy one and see if we like it, then buy another one and start applying !

Justin

- Long-Range, The next best thing to being there !!!!

For colorado,
Scopes are Illegal right ?

Justin

- Long-Range, The next best thing to being there !!!!

Sorry about the post about 150 gns. of Pyrodex, I didn't mean to post that.

I was thinking of using Conicals or Power Belt's, and was going to use CLEAR SHOT.

I hunt with a side hammer 54 caliber, so I can't give you info on the type of gun you want to get. However: blackbelt/powerbelts are legal in Colorado. Scopes are illegal. Must use loose powder (no pellets). I personally would get a 54 caliber for elk. I shoot 425 grain blackbelt bullets and they are very accurate. A muzzleloader loaded up for elk will kick like a mule at the range, so I use a past recoil shoulder pad when practicing. Don't need it in the field.

Believe me, if you hunt muzzleloader season for elk, you will never want to do anything else. Good luck

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom