Colorado Fee Increase Shot Down

Waygoner

From the Grand Junction Sentinel:

"A sportsmen-supported bill to increase fees on hunting licenses for the first time in 13 years was killed Thursday by a party-line vote in a state Senate committee.

Sportsmen said they were shocked by the Republican?s majority decision, with some telling lawmakers after the hearing that the vote shook their faith in the party.

?It boiled down to politics. It didn't boil down to doing what was right,? said Denny Behrens, a Grand Junction resident and Colorado Mule Deer Association member. ?The fact is they're trying to cut the budget every place else. It would look like you're raising (the budget) for the Division of Wildlife and no one else.?

Wooohooo. Now jack the nonresi's again, and call life grand!:) Or a tag, one of the 2...

I read the same article today. I support much larger price increases with better quality. I feel something else is
going on here. The 5 year new plan is being worked on
right now and I wonder what effect this will have. Could it be
to stop state wide draw for elk because without the fund increase
for res the DOW needs the non res funds. Gosh I hope not?

I was OK with the fee increases with the exception of $300 for a Bighorn Ewe tag. That was a little steep IMO.

Woooohooo is right, I also thought is was going to go through after the out of state outcry.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom