Colorado Moose

RuRu12

A friend of mine won a raffle that provided him with a Governor's Tag for moose in Colorado. He can hunt any open season in the state. The only restriction is that he has to use the weapon type designated for that season. I am trying to help him do some of his research. So, here is my question, if you had this tag where and when would you hunt? Any information would be greatly appreciated. If you have info you would rather keep private email me at [email protected] . Thanks in advance.

Congrats to your friend! Walden / Gould area has a good population of bulls.

AntlerQuest Scouting & Hunt Consulting

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-06 AT 02:18PM (MST)[p]I would hunt the archery/muzz hunt if I had the tag. A look at the B&C records book will tell you where the biggest bulls have been coming from the last few years. Your friend has a tag that many guys would trade their left stone for.

If you are considering an outfitter, contact Scott Limmer with Commmanche Wilderness Outfitters. He has a very good track record on huge bulls.

I understand Commanche Outfitters has outfitted many of the top bulls killed in CO and ironically some of them also had that coveted governors tag.....good luck....and remember if you choose to hunt with an outfitter and don't score on a big bull, your still able to go hunt on your own for the rest of the season....it's an awesome position your buddy is in....I say, drop the coin and hire Commanche and see where the chips fall!

Hopefully this link works, i posted it a while back. your buddy should be excited as heck!!
Is he going to be able to scout for a bull? Tell him to get in in his mind now not to shoot a nice 3 or 4 year old bull, when he has the potential to put down new world record. I have guided a few antelope hunts for Limmer and most people either hate him or say he is a nice guy, there is no middle ground with him.
anyway back to this bull, yes he could be a new world record. i have scored this bull conservatively and I think he could do it.Dont waste your time with other parts of the state, focus on the northern colorado area of Walden (north park), red reather lakes, poudre canyon, and the larimie river. does that tag start sept.1 or oct.1 and go to Dec. 31? This bull may not be accessible (as in on non huntable private land) until november or december. i hope my buddy can find him this summer and get video or pictures or him and see how he is doing.
Here is my email... [email protected]

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/7694.html

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom