Colorado Mule Deer

BenHuntn

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-15 AT 09:08AM (MST)[p]Ok here is the deal. I am looking for 3 hunters that have at least 1 mule deer point for Colorado. I am taking my cousin who has 4 points. This will be a private land hunt 3rd season. I am leasing 3000 acres of ground in unit 3/301. I can only have a total of 4 hunters on this piece of ground. It is just north of Fortification Rocks off of hwy 13 north of Craig CO. We will be hunting the west side of hwy 13. Sage brush and draws. The deer migrate into this area and use it as a bedding area. The per hunter cost is $800 per hunter. I would need $250 deposit from each hunter to hold the lease for us. If you are interested leave me a message and I can answer any questions. This will be a great hunt for Muley's.

Julius Vatalaro

Have you hunted this lease before?
What type of deer are we looking at?
Any available LO tags? How much?
Pics of previous bucks taken?
4 hunters per season? Are you not hunting?
Leased for the full 3rd season?
Do you have a reference list of prior hunters who have hunted the lease?

1.) I have not hunted this unit.
2.) Mule Deer
3.) If you have at least one PP you will draw. To purchase a tag you would have to find a broker.

4.) I am not hunting I am guiding my cousin o the hunt he is disabled.

5.) Leased for the first 6 days of the 3rd season.

6.) No references there have been no previous hunters on this 3000 acres.

Thanks...

I was asking about what size of deer are typical for the lease?
I am a resident with 0 points, which gives me a 50/50 shot of drawing. Hence, does the LO have any tags available in case I didn't draw.

He does but I think he keeps them for himself and friends. As far as size goes I think you have a good chance of killing a good mature buck.

$800 is a good price and that is a good area. Unfortunately, our group of 3 already booked our hunt. We all have 1 PP and are hunting unit 23 3rd season.

>2.) Mule Deer

I'm not making fun of you but that's funny right there.

Best of luck on the hunt. I hope you lead your cousin to a buck he's happy with.

Foulshot, my cousin won't care what size deer he gets. He came down with Parkinson's desease and this will be his last hunt of his life.

Julius

Good luck Julius,
I applaud you for taking your cousin and hope you guys find one!
A hunt you are sure to remember.
Good Luck,
John

Thanks John. My cousin and I were best of friends growing up. We went hunting and fishing a lot. He was about in his late 40's when he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. He was a superintendent for a large construction company and he had to retire early due to his illness. Now we are both 60 years old and it's time for me to spend as much time with him as possible.

Julius

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom