Colorado Muley

Dikndirt

My Dad killed this buck west of Denver and south of Grand Junction. He says it won't quite make Pope and Young so he isn't going to score it. Way to go Dad!! P.S. you look like you need a steak or two off of that thing.....

1774colorado_deer_ect_096.jpg

8975colorado_deer_ect_098.jpg

Damn what a brute. Congrats to your old man! Thanks for letting us know where he killed it!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-11 AT 10:01PM (MST)[p]Wow that is an impressive buck!!! He is deceivingly heavy and with those extras I bet he would stretch the tape close to 180....who cares that is a great buck way to go! He would knock my Dikn the dirt to put him on the ground!!

Awesome buck! your dad should be proud. He is a great buck for any weapon, especially by bow.

You guys are right that his gross score is high but look at the deductions on him his net won't be nearly has high. I don't know the minimum for P&Y though...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Congrats to your Dad. That is a great buck. Hope he continues to hunt and have success like that for many more years.

I hunt in that same spot West of Denver and South of Junction. Now everybody and there brother is gonna show up there next weekend!!

Thanks for the pics...greatlooking deer.

Even deducting the obvious differences between the G4's and then the matching inlines there is no way it wouldn't still net over the minimum for the book. Great buck!!!

Thats a great buck, and archery too! Im no scorer but through the pics I would have said it was P&Y had you not said so. Congrats to your pops.

Awesome archery buck. He must be confusing P&Y (145-typical; 170- non-typical) with B&C (190-typical; 230 non-typical). That buck makes the P&Y for sure!

heck of a buck there dirt i gotta start puttin in for grand junction. cant believe you would leak your honey hole speacially with a buck like that!! but thanks for the info!! cant wait to see him all done up and on your wall!!

Wow! Best buck of the year! To kill that buck all alone on a DIY hunt on public land is quite a feat! how did you fit all that rack in your poor mans Lexus??!

I did get more than a few looks when being passed with that head in the passenger seat of my po mans lexus. Welcome to m.m. Land Lo.

TOAD!!! Great tine length, doesn't matter if it Pope and Young still a good buck.

Congrats on a great deer! What a beautiful buck. Glad you guys were able to connect. Hope you had an enjoyable hunt.

Congrats to your dad on a great buck.

If he wants a deer in the books then he needs to get this one measured. I don't see a way in hell this one doesn't make P&Y. Definite Poper.

Congratulations to your Dad for taking an awesome buck. Thanks for sharing.

Before you die.....Take time to live

Great looking Buck, Score him and Book him, That a really nice buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom