Colorado Muzzy Raghorn on my Birthday!!

alinrut

Opening day of Muzzy week, found me on the hillside with not a sound in the woods...the elk were not bugling, just like it appears in the rest of the state. We cow called and heard a branch break, a cow came out with a nice bull right behind her. Problem was, she busted me at about 5 yards and the bull was behind her in the tree's, all I could see of him were his eyes and lots of horns. They mozied away, didn't bust but didn't stay around. Another 50 yards or so and we set up again, unfortunately the bull came out and around to where my friend was cow calling and I never did get eyes on him, but my friend said he was a nice one....strike two for Allan. As we sat there, he cow called again and this raghorn showed up. I made a shot on him quartering towards me, the bullet went in behind his right shoulder and apparently exited his left hip area (20 yard shot). As he stood there, I tried to move in on him and get the second shot, yet again it was quartering and I had a bad angle on him, but didn't want to start a 6 mile adventure, so rather than move for the better shot, I got him right in behind the shoulder and put him down for the count.

Hope ya'll enjoy!!

youtube.com/embed/http://youtu.be/_TqiBl3_zFI

Thanks guys,

DW- it was in central Colorado, and yes it was still green everywhere and hot as hell. Probably contributing to the bulls not bugling as much as usual.

Foulshot- the video was of my 2nd shot, if you look close to the left hip you will see the exit wound. The reason I was shaking my hand in the video was letting my friend know that the bull was standing still and shaking. I believe he was getting ready to go down anyway, but decided to take a 2nd shot rather than have the bull decide to walk away and take me on a blood trail hunt of a lifetime..... I've always believed in shooting until he's down kinda mentality!

Thanks for watching the video guys,

Al

>Thanks guys,
>
>DW- it was in central Colorado,
>and yes it was still
>green everywhere and hot as
>hell. Probably contributing to
>the bulls not bugling as
>much as usual.
>
>Foulshot- the video was of my
>2nd shot, if you look
>close to the left hip
>you will see the exit
>wound. The reason I
>was shaking my hand in
>the video was letting my
>friend know that the bull
>was standing still and shaking.
> I believe he was
>getting ready to go down
>anyway, but decided to take
>a 2nd shot rather than
>have the bull decide to
>walk away and take me
>on a blood trail hunt
>of a lifetime..... I've always
>believed in shooting until he's
>down kinda mentality!
>
>Thanks for watching the video guys,
>
>
>Al

With elk, keep shooting is my motto too! Nice job!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom