Colorado Online Applications

songdog

The Colorado D.O.W. is offering an online application service for deer, elk, antelope, and bear this year for the first time. It allows you to use a credit card to apply for some of the draws. You'll still have to send them a check for the moose, goat, and sheep hunts though.

Has anyone tried using this service yet? I would like to get some feedback whether it be good or bad. I usually apply for several critters and this is just another option available. The bad part about the whole process is you have to send in the whole amount instead of just the application fees.

I read somewhere that the D.O.W. does not make any money from an interest bearing account while all of our money sits there for 3 months waiting for the drawing selection process to run its course. I find that hard to believe! There is potentially thousands of dollars the State of Colorado could be making for its wildlife agency by putting the money in an interest bearing account while waiting for the final drawings. We are already forced to send them a huge chunk of change, they should take advantage ot it.

Best of luck to ya'll on the draws!!!!

I just used it and it was really easy. I just bought points so I put it on my CC and I'll pay the few bucks in interest charges while I wait for the refund check.

There is good and bad to this. It sure makes it easier to apply as you can use a CC and not have to write a check to front the money. On the other hand, however, now more people who could not affford to write the check upfront will be applying and draw odds will go down. It's a double edged sword.

I'm pretty sure it was in place last year. As another post said, it makes it easier, but the competition for tags nearly doubles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom