Colorado Rabbit Hunting

ARCHER11

Since picking up traditional archery I've really come to enjoy small game hunting. Especially those late season cottontail hunts. Its a great way to get through the winter and keep those shooting skills sharp. While living in Utah we'd make a few trips a year to wyoming for some great rabbit hunts with the stickbows. I made the move to Colorado last fall and wasn't able to make the annual New Years rabbit hunt in Wyoming. However, after hearing my friends got a 5 man limit, the 6 hour drive almost sounds worth it. They've been on a few very successfull hunts since I moved out this way and it's got me itching to chase some bunnies. I'm located in Castle Rock and not opposed to making a 3 or 4 hour trip for a day or two of good hunting. I've heard that the northwest corner of the state holds a good number of rabbits. Im also looking at a couple other options and would love some input. The Ft. Carson property looks like it may hold some rabbits and wouldn't be a bad drive. Anyone have any experience with the area there? It sounds like the plains have a healthy population as well but I'll need to get permission. Any tips for getting permission to hunt property out there? There are a few WMA and trust lands along the front range that I'll also be checking out. Anyway, can anyone provide any guidance as to where I could find a decent population of rabbits here in CO? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I'd also love to connect with any forum members in the castle rock area and shoot bows and talk hunting. Hope everyone has a great year! I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all that Colorado has to offer.

Yeah, pretty good crop of them little buggers this year. Been fairly clean so far this year as last year they were filthy of bugs.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Mange wiped out the coyotes up here last couple yrs, rabbits exploded. Killed a pile so far this season. NE of ft collins

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-15 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]The area NE of Fort Collins seems to be primarily private farm land. Do you have access to some private property out there or is there some huntable public land? Sounds like they're doing well just about everywhere this year!

Been pickin em off around my place. There's plenty of ranchers here that if u asked to shoot rabbits with a bow on their place they'd chuckle a little and say go ahead. The plagues been hard on the praire dog towns so the rabbits got plenty a holes to hide in. It's a perfect storm for ole Peter cottontail!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom