Colorado Ram Finished

M

marvin_j

6510748.jpg

37510751.jpg

Here are some pics of my 2010 Colorado ram. Paul and Vince Gallegos of Imperial Taxidermy in Santa Fe did an awesome job in my opinion.

I'm sure they did if we could see them. Click on my email addy next to my username and send them to me so I can try and put them up for you.

Great looking ram but I just dont get the mount. Why are the feet in the air?? Is it supposed to be running, jumping or flying? If so why the rock against its stomach? If its supposed to be laying down (makes sence with the rock), should its feet not be touching the rock???

BHB

Really nice CO ram - what unit did he come from? Did you have him officially scored? Thinking S31 but not real sure...

Nice looking ram! I am with some of the others about the mount. Just curious, if you went through the trouble to do a 3/4 mount, why not a full body?

Sorry about the pictures as they don't do the mount justice. I was trying to show the ram coming over the rocks through a passage in the canyon that he escaped from me several times during the hunt. It is always the way I will remember the ram and reminds me constantly of what it was like to get close to him. The action is much more evident in person looking up on the wall. Unfortunately, I didn't have the budget or the wall space at home to do a full-body mount and I have always liked half-body mounts in different positions. I have another ram mounted half_body but it is more static just standing on a ledge and I thought it would be cool to have a bit more movement in this one. He did come from Colorado and I really appreciate the comments on him.

Thanks

That actually makes sense. At first the position seemed a little odd, but with your explanation I get it.

Still dont get the mount, but its not my ram nor my wall.

If you are happy and it brings back memories of the hunt, then thats all that matters.

Not familiar with Colorado rams but regardless of where it was shot it is an awesome ram. How old was it aged at? I get 10 but its a little tough with the photo distance and angles.

Once again you should be very proud of taking an animal like that.

BHB

Okay that makes sense now. Beautifil ram and quality mount. My humble thought is if you were to mount the rock about a foot lower that look of coming over the rocks would be dead on and dramatic.

Your taxi knows what he is doing IMO. I give him a lot of credit for helping you realize your vision. It's a unique mount.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom