Colorado Ram

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-11 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]Not bad at all if we could see him! Your picture, if you tried to post one, didn't come through!!! Edit: I see you tried to put a link up while I was typing my first response, but it didn't come through either.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-11 AT 08:28PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9067co_ram.jpg

hey! there he is

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-11 AT 11:36AM (MST)[p]ram is 10 years old in picture...apologies for crap image quality, my camera is not the greatest

so he appears to have a decent base and holds what mass he has very well, he drops down close to bottom of jaw and comes up to bridge of nose forward of eye...other side is exactly the same, yet it might seem that maybe this dude still ain't quite all he should be?

I think he "should be" on my wall, but don't have a tag!

"If wishes were fishes" I would love to see a little more loop in his horn, but Colorado is not the Missouri Breaks either!

Thanks for the picture GW

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-11 AT 05:36PM (MST)[p]well ok...based on this picture and just a gut impression, how long does he look? what might be a reasonable score?

so looking at this image alone, i would say the ram's curl was around 38 long and that he'd go solid mid 170s

does that sound about right? certainly getting into shooter class in a state like CO anyway eh!

Score depends on what unit he is in. Might vary 10" based on that. Hard to tell from this photo, but you're in the ballpark. I'd say 36+" on length. Regardless of what he scores, he likely won't gain much more. He is what he is...an old, mature ram, and I'd be shooting him in whatever unit I found him in. Thanks for sharing the photo.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-11 AT 10:12PM (MST)[p]no, no...just first impressions, not any history of what kind of bases a particular region generally produces

say you encounter this ram by himself in a random CO unit, would he be a shooter if you're looking for an upper end colorado ram?

CoOak estimates him to be 36 long...what would you give him on the base? what about overall inches?

please, anyone and everyone!

but hell, ok! this unit has produced class IV rams with base measurements from just under 14" to right over 16 at the top...average probably slightly under 15

GW
I'll venture my guess.

I'd say, from my first impression, that he'd go mid 170's.
He's a shooter in any Colo unit. IMHO.

He looks long, heavy, deep loop and old enough to me.

Excellent ram and the photo wasn't too bad either. It's hard to get close enough to old rams to take a "calendar" type photo.

Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

Zeke

ok! thanks for your evaluations...had a few more come through private message with two good sheep men venturing 180+, and one judging over 39+ on the curl

will wrap this thing up tonight when i have a chance to sort through a few more photos

Last call!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom