Colorado Refund Warrant

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I got a big problem with Colorado Dept of F & G!! I put in for a tag and paid for it up front with my debit card- $326. I got my refund check several weeks ago and went to my bank this morning to cash it ($301). My bank would not cash it becuase they told me it is a "warrant". A warrant, essentially, is an IOU. I have called the phone number on the warrant and have just got voicemail. Has anyone else had the run around with Colorado with the refund warrant? How can they give out IOU's when they've already taken MY money? WTF?

Steve

Hats off to Co F&G...they are on it! I just got a call back with an explanation as to the refund/warrant not 10 minutes after I called asking about it. I called a second number prior to getting a call back and that guy gave me an explanation. The refund is an actual check and because the state of CA is issuing warrants/IOU's, it is the CA banks that are worried that the CO warrants are not actual checks. Makes sense. The CO refund warrants are tied to JP Morgan and Chase so they are legitimate and real checks to be cashed. I'm impressed with Co. and the quick response I got.

Steve

Interesting!
I have been cashing those warrants/checks for years with never a problem.
glad that they got back to you quickly.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom