Colorado Returned Tag Points Refund ?

Nev638

I had a question that someone might be able to help me with. I drew a non-resident Colorado tag this year and wasn’t able to go. I filled out the from and sent my tag in well before the 30 days before the season started and elected to get my points back. I tracked the mail and called to make sure they got the tag back and they said they did. I was told that I could take up to 90 days to get my points back. It’s been about 110 days and I still have zero points. Before I call to see what’s going on, have others sent tags back to Colorado and have an idea of how long it took for their points to be reinstated? Thanks.

I had a question that someone might be able to help me with. I drew a non-resident Colorado tag this year and wasn’t able to go. I filled out the from and sent my tag in well before the 30 days before the season started and elected to get my points back. I tracked the mail and called to make sure they got the tag back and they said they did. I was told that I could take up to 90 days to get my points back. It’s been about 110 days and I still have zero points. Before I call to see what’s going on, have others sent tags back to Colorado and have an idea of how long it took for their points to be reinstated? Thanks.
Yes Nev. I have done this. I used the redrawn tag this year. Story, in 2018 we drew unit 21 archery deer tags , my wife was diagnosed with another cancer and we turned them in. I asked for a medical exemption to get the tag cost back and keep our points. It took awhile and they rejected that request, they gave me the option to keep the points or receive the tag cost back. We kept the points and forfitted the funds since we really wanted to do this hunt. Even after the contacts( letter and calls) it took quite Awhile for our points to show up. I kept an eye on it to make sure they showed up before the app period started. They did, and I did call once in that time frame. They’ll get to it but, call if you don’t get them before the app period starts

Give them a call. I turned in a deer tag and it took quite a while to see the points returned

I turned back a deer tag this year & got an email saying my points were reinstated. The points showed back up on August 7th which was only a few days after Colorado got my request.

I had to turn my tag back in a few years ago. I called and eventually they actually reinstated my points while on the third or forth call. They were very nice and helped once I got the right person.

My father returned a third season deer tag this year just a couple of days before the deadline. I checked a couple of weeks ago and his points have been reinstated.

I ended up giving them a call. They said my points refund had been approved but somehow the points were never reinstated. They were really helpful and had my points reinstated in just a few minutes. Glad I ended up calling. Thanks for the feedback form everyone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom