Colorado Shiras

ColoradoOak

Very Active Member
I saw Hornseeker's moose pictures below and thought some of you might like to see a nice bull I found in mid-August. Unfortunately, he hadn't developed many points, and his left palm is kind of weak, but I don't think I could pass up the character of his double, forked drop tines (I know, more deductions).

Moose1.sized.jpg

Moose2.sized.jpg

Oak

That's an knarley old bull! I think I'd have a tough time passing him up if I could ever draw a tag!

Who cares are the score. That is a cool looking bull. I will have 3points this year so I will get in the draw but probley not get a tag for a nother couple of years with a few bonus points. Where might have you seen that bull at? I have hunted elk in unit 18 for the last three year and have seen the same cow moose three years in a row all within about a mile of each sighting. This year we saw her with a calf. We first saw the calf and started watching it for a wile the we heard a noise up the mountain side and looked up just as she came out from behind a large pine. What a sight. We watched as the climed the mountain together. Thats what hunting is all about. THE BEAUTY. Jovan

that is a great looking bull would'nt hesitate, unless had seen one bigger, by the way there wouldn't be any deductions. the only deductions are for symetry per each side. i'd love to find the sheds on that bull, very unique love the look thanks for the post

Pretty neat bull. Can't really see the bases of those droppers to tell if they would count as abnormals or not. Points off the top, bottom, or inside of the PALM are considered abnormal, as are any points coming off a normal point. I would have to echo my sentiments to shoot on this one also, unless you were only hunting for high scoring typical.

That's a great looking bull. I love the character that he has. Thanks for sharing the pics.

LM - NRA, NAHC, RMEF
You probably wouldn't find a much better bull - arrow him!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom