COLORADO UNIT 441 ????

MITROLL

Anyone have any info on this or adjacent units for mule deer. My cousin wants me to go there and I'd like a little more info 1st. Not after trophy's just respectable deer. This will be a DIY hunt. We may have access to some private ground near Hayden. Any info helpful such as deer #s and possible starting areas, We will be accessing areas by vehical and then foot hunting. No ATV's. Thanks for your help.

RE: COLORADO UNIT 441, 14, 214 , 4

Any help on which rifle season would be best for these areas. 1st or 2nd?

RE: COLORADO UNIT 441, 14, 214 , 4

If you've got private ground to hunt, it doesn't really matter what season. I think I'd hunt the first deer season (2nd combined) if hunting on private ground.

Do you know who's land you might be hunting on? I know a few landowners in that area.

I have hunted GMU 4/5/441 for elk and we hunt the high country but see very few deer,most of the deer are found down low and to the western edge of these units.Gets lots of pressure so hiking in a mile or two will help you get away from the crowds.

You might also try checking out the state trust lands as well. One of the biggest is Jimmy Dunn Gulch. It gets hit pretty hard, but it is big enough that if you walk back in you might have some luck. There are also a couple of more around Hayden you might check out. The northern part of the units that license is good for has national forest, but if it rains it is tough to get around. there is also a large chunk of BLM on the east side of the unit, but again there is a sign that reads "Road impassable when wet." And they aren't kidding. we almost got ourselves in a lot of trouble one time on that one. Hope this helps. PM me if you like.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom