Colorado wolf Introduction!

cjoutfit

Big Game Forever

Wolves in Colorado: Protect Colorado's moose, elk and deer from forced expansion of unmanaged wolves.

Powerful anti-sportsmen groups and animal rights activists have sent 5,000 letters to force Colorado to accept at least 1,000 unmanaged wolves. Governor Hickenlooper and the state wildlife commission have endorsed delisting and state management of wolves.

Send a letter of support to Colorado Governor Hickenlooper and the Colorado Wildlife Commission using our automated system at:http://cqrcengage.com/biggameforever/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=157954

This is why sending a message is so important today. Tomorrow the Colorado Wildlife Commission will vote on a resolution in support of state management of wolves. These powerful animal rights groups have sent thousands of messages to force 1,000 wolves on Colorado. Under fully endangered status, the state will be powerless to protect Colorado wildlife from the destruction experienced in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. The vast majority of the letters are from people outside of the state of Colorado.

Let's send thousands of letters from citizens of Colorado. Let's tell our leaders that we do not want to repeat the mistakes of the Northern Rockies. We want the state to protect our Wild Shiras Moose, Rocky Mountain Elk and Mule Deer populations. It takes just 1 minute to send a letter to Colorado Governor Hickenlooper and the entire Colorado wildlife commission.

Join us in sending a message today.

To send a message, simply click on the link above. Enter your address information to verify you live in Colorado and hit "submit." Then, the system will then take you to a customizable standard letter in support of state management of wolves. Hit "submit" on the form letter and your message will automatically be sent to our leaders in the state of Colorado.

Your friend in conservation,

Denny Behrens
Colorado BigGame Forever

###

BigGame Forever (www.biggameforever.org) is a non-profit membership organization of conservation-minded sportsmen committed to protecting the future of our outdoor heritage. BigGame Forever allows hunters and fishermen from around the United States to speak with one united voice to promote the protection of abundant wild game and the right of sportsmen

Stay In Touch With Us:
facebook twitter

BigGame Forever 90 WEST 500 SOUTH #428 Bountiful, UT 84010
View Online Version | Forward to Friends | Unsubscribe | Manage Profile
img 600 290

Big Game Forever, sponsored by SFW and Utah politics.......
But hey, it's called stacking the deck.....
Coming to a state near you....

That's not good. Hopefully it don't happen.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Tell them Like We told them!

Gonna be some Nice Sized Big Coyotes hit the Dirt/Snow!

Most Wolves Traveling in to/Through TARDville are either Trapped or Shot on sight!

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

It's gonna happen to all the western states eventually. California F&W came up with a wolf protection plan just in case we got some. Well guess what, all of a sudden we have a breeding pair in the north state.

Email sent. We don't need anymore wolves despite what the granola's say. "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure."

>Big Game Forever, sponsored by SFW
>and Utah politics.......
> But hey, it's called stacking
>the deck.....
>Coming to a state
>near you....

In this case who gives a crap. did you send an email or not?

We either stand together on this issue or we get our asses handed to us.

While I am fully aware of the issues caused in UT by SFW and everything, this seems like a good time to forget all that crap and just step up and sent an email opposing the release of wolves.

This is serious. The Sierra Club is busing in Pro Wolf supporters to the meeting. We need to fight this and send a clear message that we will not let it happen.

Ranchers, Livestock producers, sheep, hell even the wild horse people should be against this...

Email sent!
Thanks for the heads-up!

Elks96 is right, this is not the time to divide our ranks!

Zeke

Where are all the guys who hate poaching? (this will be way worse)

Where are all the whiners who hate everything and seem unwilling to stand up for the future of our beloved sport?

I guess it's way more sexy to complain, point fingers and lay blame than it is to actually do something positive!

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-16 AT 02:52PM (MST)[p]If Colorado allows wolves it will also effect big game populations in neighboring states, UT,NM,southern WY. Send an email.

If you complain about point creep now in CO, see what a healthy wolf population will do?

I sent my letter, for what that is worth.
It's interesting to me how many guys on forums like this can piss and purr about poor management, sportsman's organizations, etc. but when they can put their money where there mouth is they are silent! :)

As a non-resident I voiced my opinion. Thanks for the opportunity.

I challenge all RMEF members to speak up.

Eel

>Tell them Like We told them!
>
>
>Gonna be some Nice Sized Big
>Coyotes hit the Dirt/Snow!
>
>Most Wolves Traveling in to/Through TARDville
>are either Trapped or Shot
>on sight!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>"I'm Living & Dieing with the
>Choices
>I've made!"
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?
>v=N8i5NLyXZdc
>
>

I asked a Southern CO CPW office what they thought about the wolves I have seen. They told me they must have been hybrids. I then asked them if it was legal to kill hybrids. I was told that I needed to be careful with my decisions.

Challenge accepted, well maybe a bit in advance of your challenge. I sent my comments yesterday.

Today, all RMEF members in CO were emailed asking them to email the Commission opposing this. Chapters are being asked to send members to the CPW meeting and testify against any alternative that expands this wolf reintroduction. Additionally, RMEF provided their testimony to the Commission opposing the alternative that would expand this wolf reduction.

Link of that letter to the Commission here - http://rmefblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/rmef-letter-to-colorado-parks-and.html

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

>>Tell them Like We told them!
>>
>>
>>Gonna be some Nice Sized Big
>>Coyotes hit the Dirt/Snow!
>>
>>Most Wolves Traveling in to/Through TARDville
>>are either Trapped or Shot
>>on sight!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>"I'm Living & Dieing with the
>>Choices
>>I've made!"
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?
>>v=N8i5NLyXZdc
>>
>>
>
>I asked a Southern CO CPW
>office what they thought about
>the wolves I have seen.
> They told me they
>must have been hybrids.
>I then asked them if
>it was legal to kill
>hybrids. I was told
>that I needed to be
>careful with my decisions.

So feddoc?

You gonna let Big Coyotes Walk?

Or?

That's gotta be a Hybrid,BOOM!

I've made!"

v=N8i5NLyXZdc

Just sat down at the wildlife commission meeting. Wolf issue still 2hrs away. They didn't pic a very big room, gonna be sro for sure. News cameras and plenty of state officials with badges and guns. Some odd lookin ducks as well!

1000 wolves?
Where do they get a number like that, is there a wolf supermarket somewhere called "WolvesMart" or something?

>1000 wolves?
>Where do they get a number
>like that, is there a
>wolf supermarket somewhere called "WolvesMart"
>or something?
>
>
>
>

Yes there is, but its more commonly called Yellowstone.

It is more of a symbolic statement. The resolution basically states that as an agency the Colorado Parks and Widllife does not support the intentional reintroduction or release of any wolves in Colorado.

It was mainly a very small win and only a statement to support our governors position on the issue.

It does not block reintroduction efforts all together as that is a function of the state legislature and it does not prevent the USFWS from doing anything.

In the grand scheme of things it was kind of like converting a a 3rd and 4. Good for your team but no where close to winning anything.

>>>Tell them Like We told them!
>>>
>>>
>>>Gonna be some Nice Sized Big
>>>Coyotes hit the Dirt/Snow!
>>>
>>>Most Wolves Traveling in to/Through TARDville
>>>are either Trapped or Shot
>>>on sight!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>"I'm Living & Dieing with the
>>>Choices
>>>I've made!"
>>>
>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?
>>>v=N8i5NLyXZdc
>>>
>>>
>>
>>I asked a Southern CO CPW
>>office what they thought about
>>the wolves I have seen.
>> They told me they
>>must have been hybrids.
>>I then asked them if
>>it was legal to kill
>>hybrids. I was told
>>that I needed to be
>>careful with my decisions.
>
>So feddoc?
>
>You gonna let Big Coyotes Walk?
>
>
>Or?
>
>That's gotta be a Hybrid,BOOM!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>"I'm Living & Dieing with the
>Choices
>I've made!"
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?
>v=N8i5NLyXZdc
>
>

I bought a new shovel.

At least Colorado came out with a sort of win. Sounds like a lot of hunters got involved. Even some of us out-of-staters that don't ever even plan on hunting there. Does a lot more good to hear from some of us with experience where there ARE wolves than the keyboard jockeys that claim they'll "shoot every big coyote." mtmuley

>At least Colorado came out with
>a sort of win. Sounds
>like a lot of hunters
>got involved. Even some of
>us out-of-staters that don't ever
>even plan on hunting there.
>Does a lot more good
>to hear from some of
>us with experience where there
>ARE wolves than the keyboard
>jockeys that claim they'll "shoot
>every big coyote." mtmuley

Hey mt?

We Have Wolves here in TARDville!

But We don't have them for very long!

That Tell you anything?

These TARDS Will Shoot them & it won't matter what the Law Says!

I've made!"

v=N8i5NLyXZdc

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-16 AT 08:49PM (MST)[p]I know you're a long way from colorado mtmuley, so know my comments aren't directed at you.
We were outnumbered in the meeting. It was a small room with a capacity of maybe 150. I got there a little after 2, a couple hours before the alloted time for the issue to be discussed. There were plenty of open seats but an hour later the wolf hat wearers filled the room. It should have been easy for us to fill that room and to have kept the majority of those cardboard sign people out, but we didn't.

I respect and appreciate those that stood up and spoke on our behalf, it's an ability I, like a lot of folks, do not poses. Most hunters, ranchers, and farmers are the type that keep to themselves, and speaking to large crowds is not something we accumulate a great deal of experience and skill at. Having said that, we have got to find more articulate well versed people to stand up and speak for us as this fight goes on, and it will go on. I hope when the time comes those people will step forward and speak on our behalf.

As elks96 said this is simply a statement of position of the wildlife commission. In the end the state legislature will decide our fate and if recent history is any indicator it will be put to the voters of the state of colorado.

Like most states, our urban population centers far outnumber our rural population. The commission played down a poll the defenders of wildlife presented because it was bias to the urban centers having a large majority of the votes. If, and I suspect when, this issue is put to a vote amongst coloradoans we will have needed to educate those urban centers prior to that fateful day.

Let there be no mistake, they're comin, they've already trickled into the northern part of our state. The discussion I sat and listened to led me to believe if they come in on their own and establish a population, they're prepared to do nothing and let nature run its course. The one intelligent and practical defense I heard was keeping colorado and utah as a genetic buffer between the Mexican gray wolf and the gray wolves to the north and that the Mexican gray wolf's historic range was well south of colorado and utah. This is the message we need to get out and spread as quickly as possible before this issue winds up on a ballot in front of a bunch of people that don't understand the issue. And I guarantee you it will!

We've all seen em before but these were the people that filled that meeting room. The same people that cheered when a house sparrow that flew into the room found its way out! Ya, they look funny, and the things they say and do are ridiculous to you and me, but they filled that room. And if we continue to be apathetic they'll beat us in the end! Make no mistake, I'm as guilty as a lot of you in my apathy as this was the first time I attended a commission meeting, but it won't be my last!

End of rant.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/01/...roduction-of-mexican-gray-wolf-amid-protests/

P.S. The only time the commission mentioned being overwhelmed with emails was when they spoke to the otherside giving me the impression they beat us in that effort as well.

DW is right.

We hunters seem to be great at complaining on forums like this, but very passive when it comes to actually getting involved in the political process.

It appears that for now the fight is tabled, but given the liberal nature of the majority of Colorado residents, it's only a matter of time before the wolf lovers will come back with even greater force. We need to do better next go around.

http://www.gohunt.com/read/news/there-will-be-no-wolves-in-colorado

Big Fin,

Thank you for ginning up the Colorado RMEF membership on this very important issue. It wasn't too long ago when we couldn't get much help out of the RMEF on the wolf issue. CEO David Allen changed all of that and turned the RMEF around. Those of us under the gun (wolf expansion) here in NM and AZ appreciate your leadership in combating the ever expanding pro wolf programs. Keep up your good work for the RMEF and we always are thankful for anything you can do to help us here in NM and AZ.

Like a few posted above, Colorado's ballot initiative is a very real threat looming on the horizon as the liberals in that state far outnumber the conservative rural vote.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom