Colorado wolves are here!

ddsflyfisher

This is an addendum to my other post about the 201 elk hunt and wolves in Colorado and the other posting about the future ballot issue with wolves. I wanted this to get maximum exposure and figured it should have its own thread. Let me know what you think!

Cheers- Dave

Yuppers. That would be a couple of big wolves. Already shared the video.

Would the be any value to submitting to CPW with an affidavit?

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-19 AT 09:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-19 AT 05:43?PM (MST)

Honestly promoting them on the WWW is the worst thing we can do...

The best thing we can do is keep wolves out of sight out of mind. Once stuff like this becomes knowledge to state their hands are tied and the federal government becomes involved.
As long they are not a recognized species in this state our right to shoot, shovel and shut up rights remain in tact. Unless some how proving they already exists halts the introduction of wolves...

Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-19 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]About 9-10 years ago I saw a black female wolf North of DeBeque. I got to watch it for about 15 minutes at times only 75 yards away from me. A few weeks later I was fishing in the Rifle ice fishing tournament and 2 wardens were checking my license. They were both professional, cute and talkative. After some fun banter I told them about seeing the wolf and some tracks in various locations. After grilling me a little and realizing that I in fact had seen many wolves in Alaska and BC they believed me. They then told me that the CDOW did not want to confirm any wolf sightings because of Federal interference if they did so. So.........we are two blocked. Damned if we do and damned if we don't acknowledge that they are in fact here.

Wolves have been in southern Colorado for many, many years.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-19
>AT 06:07?PM (MST)

>
>About 9-10 years ago I saw
>a black female wolf North
>of DeBeque. I got to
>watch it for about 15
>minutes at times only 75
>yards away from me. A
>few weeks later I was
>fishing in the Rifle ice
>fishing tournament and 2 wardens
>were checking my license. They
>were both professional, cute and
>talkative. After some fun banter
>I told them about seeing
>the wolf and some tracks
>in various locations. After grilling
>me a little and realizing
>that I in fact had
>seen many wolves in Alaska
>and BC they believed me.
>They then told me that
>the CDOW did not want
>to confirm any wolf sightings
>because of Federal interference if
>they did so. So.........we are
>two blocked. Damned if we
>do and damned if we
>don't acknowledge that they are
>in fact here.

Local rumors say The High Lonesome Ranch has been involved in illegal planting of wolves in that time frame.

Hasbean

I was in North Park hunting Elk this year, a black wolf wearing a tracking collar came through the ranch I was on, one of the hunters and ranch managers saw it and took pictures. The guy put it on face book and the next day the game and fish was tracking it with a helicopter. It supposedly went over the mountains and dropped into Rocky Mountain national park. In my option Rocky Mountain National Park is wear they will start the introduction, they will grow into large packs wear nobody will ever be able to touch them and from there they will spread like wildfire. Believe me the man who was in charge of introduction of wolves in Idaho and Wyoming( Ed Bangs) lives in Denver Co. He has been waiting for this for along time.

>
>Honestly promoting them on the WWW
>is the worst thing we
>can do...
>
>Coloradoboy

I don't know anything about social media but it seems like someone here would have started #SSS by now.

Blue hair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

>Wolves have been in southern Colorado
>for many, many years.
>
Ok, I'll bite. Tell me more.....not being argumentative but I know of nothing that would substantiate this. Sure the budweiser boys claim to see one every few years but I'm skeptical.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

That's how the feds played it in Yellowstone. Elk herd there went from 24K to 2K rapidly. Then the wolves spread to Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Ranchers paid the price too.

Evidently they have spread to Colorado as well now. There is no need for a ?reintroduction?- they are already here. Reintroduction was accomplished when they put the bastards into Wyoming years ago.

Dave

I was contacted by the wildlife manager for the northwest part of Colorado today. He directed me to use the CPW website to file a report of the wolf sighting. It seems to me they are collecting info on all of the sightings to use as proof against reintroduction. My personal thought is that if you have seen wolves in Colorado, it is best to report a sighting in an effort to help prevent the forced addition of them. It seems wolves are coming either way, but one less "reintroduction" win for the loony tunes from Cali is always a win for "old" Colorado.

Cheers- Dave

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom