Colorado's Wilderness & Recreation Jobs

Weatherby

Did anybody else receive an email about this, from Mark Udall? What is the general consensus? I don't live in that area of Colorado, and don't know how this impacts landowners, etc., but the idea of a wilderness area, as long as they can implement a plan to keep wolves out, seems like a respectable plan at first glance:

Dear Fellow Coloradan,

VIDEO: Protecting our Outdoor Heritage
I kicked off a collaborative, community-driven process to listen to the community and create legislation to protect Colorado's outdoor heritage in two very special places in our state ? the Central Mountains and the Arkansas River Canyon. Watch video.

Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River Maps and Comment Form
The Arkansas River Canyon proposal would protect some of our best-loved river rafting spots along the iconic Arkansas River between Salida and Buena Vista by designating it as a national monument and the adjacent Browns Canyon as wilderness. The official designation would literally put the region on the map, drawing more visitors to the area?s world-class outdoor recreation opportunities and supporting the local tourism economy. Submit comments.

Central Mountain Maps and Comment Form
The Central Mountains proposal could encompass as many as 32 areas in Eagle, Pitkin and Summit counties, expanding existing wilderness areas in the region, including Holy Cross, Eagles Nest and the Maroon Bells. Legislation could help promote the region as a world-class destination for outdoor recreation. Submit comments.

If you close your eyes and think the word ?Colorado,? what comes to mind?

For me it's towering white-capped mountains and the burning sensation in your lungs when climbing that final 100 yards to the top of a 14,000-foot mountain. For others, it might be finding the perfect spot to catch cutthroat trout or making the first tracks on a powder day.

I would hazard a guess that the first thought for many of you involved the immense natural beauty of our state and the quality of life it provides. But preserving our natural lands is about more than just protecting our quality of life ? it's about protecting our livelihood. Wilderness is one of Colorado?s great economic engines.

Activities such as hiking, skiing, paddling and fishing contribute more than $10 billion annually to our economy, supporting some 100,000 Colorado jobs and generating $500 million in state tax revenue. Wilderness ensures that skiers and hikers have beautiful vistas, anglers have clean streams in which to fish, and hunters have healthy big-game herds. These resources attract visitors from all over the nation and world.

That's why I'm proud to launch a collaborative, community-driven process ? in partnership with Senator Bennet and affected members of the House of Representatives ? that I hope will ultimately allow Colorado to create legislation for wilderness and national monument designations in two areas ? the Central Mountains and Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River.

I'm asking Coloradans in those communities what they would like to see from a wilderness proposal. Click here to learn about my proposals, study the maps and weigh in with your comments.

My goal is to build on work that has been done previously by other members of the Colorado delegation and develop a plan that a majority of the community agrees will support their interests and their local economies. I am proud to use my leadership position on the Environment and Natural Resources Committee to take this work to the next level. In order to facilitate the conversation with these communities, I've developed draft maps of possible wilderness boundaries, which will give us a firm base to compare notes and ideas.

With our population expected to double by 2050, we need to be proactive so that future generations can experience the beauty, clean water and air, and wildlife that we have today. I'm committed to ensuring that Coloradans have a wide variety of options to access public lands for recreation, including places to bike, ski and snowmobile ? as well as backcountry trails and wide-open pristine lands that will be preserved for generations. I'm proud of my successful past work to designate wilderness at James Peak and in Rocky Mountain National Park, as well as the proposed San Juan Mountains Wilderness. I look forward to this process and encourage all Coloradans to join in the conversation.
Warm regards,

Mark Udall

Offices
Toll Free for Coloradans: 877-7-MUDALL (877-768-3255)

Washington, D.C. Office
Hart Office Building
Suite SH-328
Washington, D.C. 20510
P: 202-224-5941

Northwest Region
P.O. Box 866
Clark, CO 80428
P: 303-650-7820

Central Mountain Region
P.O. Box 743
Tabernash, CO 80478

Northeast Region
801 8th Street
Suite 140A
Greeley, CO 80631
P: 970-356-5586

West Slope Region
400 Rood Avenue
Suite 110
Grand Junction, CO 81501
P: 970-245-9553

Denver Metro Area Region
999 18th Street
Suite 1525, North Tower
Denver, CO 80202

Southern Colorado Region
107 West B Street
Pueblo, CO 81003
P: 719-542-1701

Four Corners Region
954 East 2nd Avenue
Suite 106
Durango, CO 81301
P: 970-247-1047

Pikes Peak Region
2880 International Circle
Suite 107
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
P: 719-471-3993

San Luis Valley Region
609 Main Street
Suite 205
Alamosa, CO 81101
P: 719-589-2101

To unsubscribe from Mark's Newsletter Updates, please click here or paste this address into your web browser: http://markudall.senate.gov/?p=newsletter_unsub

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom