coming soon

AZ71

AZGFD​

Limited-Entry Permit-Tag Seasons​

Responsive image

Open: 4/3/2024 8:00:00 AM​

Closes: 4/9/2024 5:00:00 PM​

Check back here on Wednesday, April 03 2024 8:00 AM (AZ time) when the application portal opens. The application portal will close Tuesday, April 09 2024 5:00 PM (AZ time).​

For more information about the Limited-Entry Permit-Tag Seasons program​

That would be interesting. How many years has this been running? There were over 230,000 apps. for 24,350 elk tags this year.

Thanks Tikka! Good to see them getting the draw completed right away (unlike some other states). I will be waiting by my phone.

If you looked at the odds from last year, you would have to feel like this is a complete donation.
I totally agree. But there is still a chance. After all, someone just won the $1.3B Powerball with probably worse odds - lol

May take on this drawing was that it was a donation, But on the other hand I supported it because I liked the fact that everyone was limited to just ONE chance unlike many other draws where you can buy numerous chances. Everyone can afford a $15 chance. I don't like to support drawings where you can buy unlimited number of chances. Just my opinion, but I feel opportunity should be equitable to all and not just to those that can afford more chances.

Kuddos to AZ for eliminating commissioner auction tags and going to these types of revenue generating processes.

Someone has to draw, so there is a chance…😳
I would rather buy one into one of those wyo raffles with a 1/200 or 1/300 chance for the $50 or $100 that you just spent for a commissioners tag instead of a specific tag.

Good luck nonetheless and your odds are definitely better than power ball!!

This was my first time ever applying for one of these extra tags. I only bought a kaibab deer and antelope. Figured I would do my part and make a donation.

Pretty cool tags with a chance to hunt with nobody else out there. But yes, it is a donation. Unlike the lottery, you won't have to pay tax if you beat the odds:)

Yes, they contact them and that's about it. I imagine all have been called already.

They'll send out a press release with the numbers, but no mention of who was lucky.

I wonder if guides will get the list of "winners'. Years ago, I drew a Kaibab tag, got several letters from Guide services before I got the tag in the mail.

I will admit that I donate to this cash grab but I do find it odd that I haven't ever seen anyone on any hunting site say they got one of these tags. :unsure:

I will admit that I donate to this cash grab but I do find it odd that I haven't ever seen anyone on any hunting site say they got one of these tags. :unsure:
IMO, those that frequent hunting forums or social media represent a small fraction of the entire hunting community. You’ll see the same people on 4 or 5 different sites.

Case in point: My hunting circle consists of 5-6 guys. We hunt elk, deer, turkey, upland birds…etc, together or individually, but there’s at least 3-4 of us at camp on any given hunt. Guess how many participate on sites like this? 1. Just me.

A lot of hunters out there just aren’t part of the online community. And with only 6 tags in this go around, ratio is even worse. Probably why we don’t see anyone posting success.

NEWS RELEASE

April 22, 2024

PHOENIX — Once again, hunters have stepped up in a big way in their financial support of wildlife conservation efforts across the state.

The most recent limited-entry permit-tag draw offered hunters a chance to receive an additional hunt permit-tag for elk, mule deer, white-tailed deer, and pronghorn, while generating revenue that will bolster a variety of programs funded through the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD). The monitoring and maintenance of water catchments, and wildlife law enforcement patrols and investigations, are among many examples of programs that benefit from such funding.

A total of six limited-entry permit-tags were available through this draw — including an opportunity to hunt antlered mule deer on the world-famous Kaibab Plateau. The deadline to submit applications was April 9. All successful applicants have been notified by telephone. Applicants who were unsuccessful will not receive correspondence from the department.

These limited-entry hunting opportunities are discretionary and not to be confused with the annual draws that are conducted in February, June and October. A limited-entry permit-tag application does not preclude a hunter from applying for any other hunts throughout the year or impact bonus points. Animals harvested during limited-entry permit-tag seasons are excluded from annual bag limits.

Today’s conservation efforts wouldn’t be possible without the support of sportsmen and sportswomen. As a result, wildlife and habitat management programs have restored and maintained sustainable wildlife populations for all to enjoy. AZGFD appreciates the ongoing support of all outdoor enthusiasts.

AZGFD will update customers about future limited-entry permit-tag seasons through its website (www.azgfd.gov), e-newsletters, Facebook, Instagram and “X,” formerly known as Twitter.

Usually they post the number of applicants that apply. Did they leave that information out because it wasn't a very good turnout or did they leave that out because it was so good that they didn't want people to be discouraged from the already ridiculous low odds and quit participating?

Funny how azgfd didn't put how much money was raised or how many applicants there were in that news release. If they had, it would make applicant numbers drop after everyone saw how terrible their odds were of drawing.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom