Concealed Carry

JACO

I apologize if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything with a quick search. I'm just wondering how many of you fellow MMer's have a CFP, CCW, CHP, etc. and carry on a regular basis? What state do you live in? What make, model, caliber do you carry? How do you carry, or what holster do you use? Type of carry ammo? Any other relevant info regarding concealed carry. I know of a few on here, but I'd bet there is a high percentage of MM members who concealed carry.

Nocked N Loaded

I am a Utah resident, with a CFP (concealed firearms permit) and I carry a Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 ACP (10+1 capacity). I use a leather IWB holster that is fitted for a Springfield XD .40 compact, but fits my gun like a glove. I carry Winchester 230 gr JHP personal protection ammo. I carry every day, usually concealed, but I occasionally OC.

I am also a member at UCC, which is a great resource, and for those Utah CFP holders who haven't checked it out, you really should!

Nocked N Loaded

Joey, I found them and cleaned them up and have now buried them for you in water proof containers. Now if i just can find mine that I lost.

RELH

>Thanks RELH!!
>
>Thought i saw where Hardway too
>lost his, boat accident!
>
>Joey

You would have thought I would have gotten a new canoe by now.....just had another capsize last week and lost everything to date.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but thanks for the hijack.

Anyone care to reply to the original post?

Nocked N Loaded

Jaco if you wish to reveal to the public that you pack concealed, and what guns you own, have at it. Just do not expect most members of this forum to join you in telling the world about something they feel is private and personal.

RELH

RELH, +1,

JACO, No offense meant. I just don't know you or who else might be reading this thread.

Sounds like you're packing good stuff though!! Wish i still had mine. ;-)

Joey

I am a Calif.res. i have CCW permit.I carry a smith and wesson MP-9 and i also have a permit for a Browning High Power 9mm.In Calif. you are allowed to have 3-weapons on your permit.

I live in utah.I would rather someone know that I am carrying than have to pull it to stop a clown. I carry a Ruger sr9 compact. When going to Ogden I also carry a ruger Sp101 .357. I also carry a bersa .380 from time to time. All of which I carry in pocket holsters. I have really come to love the sr9, actually traded a xd .45 compact for it. Compared to the sr9 the xd felt like a brick, and although I now have started the .45 vs. 9mm argument if I want I can go 16 in the clip, can't with the .45.

RELH I don't think its too private and personal when every LEO knows you have a CCP...is it? It pops right up on your computer screen along with your drivers license right??
I pack a Colt .45 ACP in a military shoulder holster...when I'm carrying..

I honestly don't understand what some of yall are paranoid about. I for one am proud to stick up for our second amendment rights by carrying, and I don't care who knows it. I believe that the more average folks realize that normal, law-abiding citizens carry guns, the better off we will all be as a nation. The American society as a whole sees guns as "bad" and only "bad guys" and cops have guns. Well I would like to do my part to change that image.

And as far as the knowledge of gun ownership goes, I am more comfortable with people knowing that I do carry. Loaded and ready. I really doubt that any criminal would choose to break into a home where they knew in advance that the owner was armed, but the opposite could be said about a criminal who discovered that a home was unarmed (as you claim to be). I realize that some may be worried about the "gun-grabbers" in Washington knowing you have a gun, but personally I am not.

Nocked N Loaded

hossblur, how do you like your Bersa 380? I am considering getting one in the future to expand my carry options. I love the way it feels, and the price, but have never shot one.

Nocked N Loaded

Longgun, I retired from law enforcement in Nov. of 2003. At that time if you ran a persons driver's license, no information would pop up indicating he/she had a CCW. I was in charge of doing interviews for our county's CCW as a detective and I always advised new CCW permit holders to verbally advise any officer he was packing so that the officer would know he was carrying legally and avoid a possible serious incident if the officer detected the firearm.
I pack all the time, and I do not want anyone I meet in public to know I have a gun on me. That ace in the hole may be the thing that saves my life if a Adam Henry should think I may make a easy target for a mugging or robbery.

I have also arrested and interviewed burglars who made a habit of targeting homes that they knew had firearms. Firearms to a crook is the same as money and easy to sell on the black market to gang bangers or trade for dope.

Anyone that advertises to others that he has firearms in the home while thinking it will deter all criminals, is living a pipe dream. It may be the one thing that will intice certain burglars to break into his home knowing they will reap a harvest in easy to sell guns.

RELH

>hossblur, how do you like your
>Bersa 380? I am considering
>getting one in the future
>to expand my carry options.
> I love the way
>it feels, and the price,
>but have never shot one.
>
>
>Nocked N Loaded

I have really enjoyed it. I went in to get a LCP but I have big hands and the LCP was just too small. I wanted a .380 to start out my son with so it wasn't a hard sell to go with the Bersa. It is fairly accurate, at gun fight range it is good in accuracy. It so far has eaten all the ammo I have put through it. It breaks down for cleaning easily. I have really been impressed, and it is not break the bank priced so you don't mind beating it a little. I like to carry it on my atv. Yes, the .380 is small, BUT, 7 in the chest will stop anyone so this is a dumb argument. Not to mention that it is very light so you are much more likely to have it on you everywhere. I would suggest it to anyone looking for the caliber.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom