conservation tag rip off

T

tstewy

Ok so maybe this is only in the basin but at the mule deer banquet a book cliff mule deer tag went for 6,700 dollars tonight all the tags went really high a cow tag went for 650. there is no way in heck that a books tag is worth that much. is just this areas banquets that are are high or is it every where. the only tag that i thought was a good price was an archrey roadless tag for 4200. what are your thoughts.
even with the tax deductioin i would not pay over 4,500 for that tag. you can pick up a way better tag in co for that much maybe even guided.

Geez, don't complain about conservation tags going for too much money! 90% of that money goes back into projects that help wildlife. I do think we give too many conservation tags in UT, but if we (average sportsmen) are going to give them up we, might as well get as much for them as we can. I guess the economy in the basin isn't as bad as one might think? Glad to hear that at least some of the precious tags sporstmen give up are bringing good money back into conservation efforts.

Dax

I think its great that they went that much but if i had the money which i don't i think that the price they paid for a books tag they could almost pick up any unit in co for that much on any third season except maybe 21 imo the value that they are getting for their dollar spent. but i am just jelous i was willing to go up to 5 and and when it went over i was done lol.

I say top dollar for any tag we give up as a normal hunter.

Other wise why should we give them. They should not be a good deal, they should be for top dollar to those willing to pay for them. Just hope that they don't get gready and don't leave some for us working class hunters that can't spend thousands.

Hell, that's cheap!!! That same tag went for $9000 2 years ago. $650 for a cow tag isn't that bad either. I'd say all tag prices were way down this year compared to years past. Well, except for the Statewide elk and deer tags. They still brought top dollar.

It's always an adventure!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom