Copenhagen

Tikka

Long Time Member
I chewed snuff for 19 yrs. stopped cold turkey on the morn. of Dec. 6th. It has been one hard road so far.

Anybody else been down this road, how much longer is it?

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

Have you tried Youngs Chew? Its all natural. Takes some getting used to but gives you something to do. Just a thought.....

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Tikka,

I chewed Cope for about the same length of time. Quitting was a beotch for sure. The desire to chew will go away very slowly. It took at least a year before I could watch someone dip without my skin crawling, especially when I'd had a beer or two. It is worth it so keep it up.

BeanMan

Thats what i'm talken about, everybody I know has snuff in their lip.And my beer intake has doubled, but i'm stiken with it, my boys are very proud of their dad right now.

I quit 113 years ago and the urge still hits every now and then but as for the physical hold of it I think you are nearly out of the woods.

I used the organic fake chew and it helped. In fact i started quitting by mixing it with cope. 1 to1 and then 2 to 1 and so on making the removal of nicotine kinda like weining. It worked good.

Still crave a dip occasionally but the urge isn't strong enough to give up 13 years of good behavior. When my boys are older and not so impressionable I may find it tougher to resist.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I chewed for 10 + years. It has been just oveer 3 1/2 years since I quit. My son asked me to quit for his birthday and said he woukd never ask again I got the point and stopped but I tell ya its still hard not to have a dip. The 2 things that keep me from having one is my boy and I kow if I start again I will never qiut again. Good luck hang in there and I know its tuff but in the long run its worth it. Merry christmas

Keep it up man.

smiley-violent064.gif

KRIS........HANG IN THERE MAN.......YOUR BOYS & FAMILY ARE WORTH IT. I HAVE SEEN THE ILL EFFECTS THAT STUFF CAN HAVE ON THE FACIAL TISSUE..........YOU WILL MAKE IT....FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. MERRY CHRISTMAS.................YD.

i quit after 30 years cold turkey when i got my teeth pulled for implants 4months ago so keep up your fight

Tikka,

You can do it. The hardest part is done and now you're own your way to a better and healthier life. Good for you.

Eldorado

It takes awhile...been tobacco free for over 10 years now...I was a Skoal Brotha...HANG IN THERE BABY!!

dipped for 30 years. quite several times before I asked the Lord's help. Been nicitine free for 8 years now. Hang in there. Sure like the extra dollars in my hunting kitty that used to go to snuff.

I quit in 01 on a elk hunt. I went up to camp and didn't take any with me...talk about cold turkey... but after 8 days without a dip or a smoke I was damned if I'd start up again! Now I went through a few bags of butter scotch hard candy but after 10 years .....It's Over !!!
Always remember... 1 day at a time, just don't take a dip and soon it will just be something to talk about. I can drink beer, coffee or sit next to someone that dips or smokes and it doesn't bother me. Good luck!!

I ended my love affair with the stuff on January 13, 1990. Hour by hour and day by day it eventually got easier.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement..

Also congrats to you all that have successfully quit!!!

18 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dad chewed Cope most his life and quit a few years ago cold turkey. Now he chews on cloves and swears they keep his mind off it but whenever he runs out he says the urge to dip is still there. I'm proud of him :) Good luck Tikka

~Z~

Chewed for over 30 it a hard road quitting, BUT I wouldn't go back for anything.When I started you could buy a bottle of pop and a can of chew for .25 cents

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Dec-25-11 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]I had a can once, wasn't Cope, it was the stuff in a green can. Puked and never did it again. Beechnut...well, I used that for a couple months until my HS GF asked me to quit.

Good on ya' for quitting; I am sure your kids/grandkids/health will appreciated it in years to come.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I chewed copenhagen for 9 years. I quit Christmas day 7 years ago. My dad always said he hated a quitter but I did it any ways cold turkey. Candy and the herbal chew work for me. Good luck, You Can Do It. Steve

No success story here. Started chewin when I was 7, few months shy of 40 now. Still going, I know I need to quit but man do I like it. stay strong and wish you luck!

18 days.....man you got it!! You have to look that demon in the eye and spit in his face!!!! don't back down!!

good for you. you can do do it . just think of the gun you can buy in a year with the money....

I made the varsity baseball team as a freshman. The seniors told me that if I was good enough to play ball with them I could chew with them. They got me laughing and I swallowed a plug of Days Work. To this day (40+ years later) I still gag when someone opens a tin. They did me a favor.

Dipped Cope and leaf for 25 years. Threw the can out the window of the truck one day 8 years ago and stopped cold turkey.

I still drive by there every day and often think of stopping to see if I can find that can 8 years later!!!

It's a crazy hard road, but worth every bit of the anguish it takes to give it up. I hated that the stuff owned me for so many years.

Congrats on putting it aside,
Pete

Wish I can say the same. Been stuck on snuff since I was 15 years old. Mom and the Girlfriend keep trying to get me to quit but hard thing to quit on a 3 to 4 month grind of guiding and top it off the ol man and brother do it. I sure hope I find the will to soon. God knows it will save me alot of money. 5 bucks a can here in Colorado...

Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-11 AT 01:42AM (MST)[p]Hey Tikka,
I chewed over a can of Cope a day for 18+ years. The last chew I had was Jan 2 2010 and my lip still has the scars. I still get the urge every now and again. The hardest part was doing the things I loved to do when I chewed like drinking a beer or fishing out of my drift boat. I had to make a challenge out of it and it helped. There's no way in hell I was going to let it beat me. The two biggest factors for me quitting, was my future with my daughters, and how much I was spending every year. $2200+. Keep it up man. The hard part is over.

20 years for me and still chewing. I didn't even want to open this thread, denial that it's a problem I guess. I hope you succeed Tikka.
ColoradoBoy, man up and quit now. You've only been at it for 5 years. Get out while you can.

I found out the number one thing you have to do is really want to quit!!!! Most guys that say I'm only going to buy 1, 2, or 3 tins a week or I'm only going to take a dip 2 or 3 times a day then quit usually don't make it. You have to want to quit!! The price alone should make just about everybody want to quit.

21 days and counting!!!

I think yesterday was the hardest one yet, it was like post Christmas depression or something I don't know?

zekers just do it quit its not that bad!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Yeah, I think I'll wait to seen if you survive. In another month if you haven't killed yourself or someone else, I'll consider it!

I'll tell you another thing that helped me quit was my mother smoked all her adult life and she quit cold turkey. I also had a little old neighbor guy that smoked and chewed as long as I can remember and he quit cold turkey. I would always think of those two when I was wanting to take a dip or a smoke and think if those two little old folks can do it Im going to do it.

You got Zekers!! But you know I will bug the ##### out of you until you quit............

After every meal or a couple of beers I reach in my pocket to pull out a can, its like a phantom can in their!!!!!!!!!!

KRIS.....THAT ONE FELLA SAID HE WILL SAVE $2200 BUCKS A YEAR BY NOT DIPPING.........JUST THINK/ALL OF YOUR TAGS FOR YOU & THE BOYS ARE FREE & A BUNCH OF GAS TOO !!!................YD.

Dave hope your Christmas was good.

As for the $2200 a year for tags, I've already got that spent and more for 2012. I am burning my Mtn. Goat points this year and the Taxi. will cost more than that.

My youngest boy Max will turn 12 this year and he wants a Mtn. Lion tag well have to see how that goes!!!!

But all of it is $$$ well spent right.....

HEY KRIS........I GOT A BIGGER CHUNK OF COAL THIS YEAR THAN LAST. ALL I REALLY WANT IS GOOD HEALTH FOR THE FAMILY....THATS ALL DOING GOOD.....HAPPY CAMPER HERE !!!! HOW DID YOUR CHRISTMAS GO........DID THE BOYS DO WELL??? SOUNDS LIKE TAGS ARE ON THE WAY/ AND A BUSY YEAR HUNTING. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!.......YD.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-11 AT 08:01PM (MST)[p]Dave,,, You have a great outlook on life, glad everything is well with the fam.

Yes the boys made a good haul, now lets just hope we came make a good haul on game in 2012!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

chewed for over 20 years. been 3 1/2 years since i quit and glad i did. feel much better but still have cravings. don't start up!

>Yeah, I think I'll wait to
>seen if you survive.
>In another month if you
>haven't killed yourself or someone
>else, I'll consider it!

zekers

32 days without it's getting easier every day now!!!!!!

Been a chewer for a long time, I've quit I don't no how many times and started again all I can say is dont even think about starting again as you get older it's harder than hell to quit...

Stay strong! I'm on my 5th day of tobacco and nicotine free. I quit cold turkey with a full can in my pocket.

I tell you that first 12 hours was brutal in every sence of the word. I wanted to chew through my wrists!

Its actually been easy compared to that first 12 hours. What has also helped me when I had bad cravings I would/will go for a walk.

Good luck everybody.

Todd

Started when I was 9yrs old, quit when I was 42 after a visit to the Doc, scared straight you might say!! Chewed on Smokey Mountain for a year or so and smoked 1 or 2 along the way but finally got it beat. Damn toughiest thing I ever had to do!!
Don't weakin now, take it an hour at a time.

Tikka chewed since I was 17 copenhagen can to can and a half a day quit dec 1 2011 best decision ive ever made crave it everytime I see it now I find myself wanting one and I chew a pack of gum a day now. But honestly my energy level is through the roof. The first week I felt like I was on drugs up and down on the energy and my guts were sick but now I feel good and could never go back to it. Hang in there and good on ya for quitting.

My Uncle quit for 17 years and took one chew from me on an elk hunt after I killed a nice bull. He really enjoyed the chew but when we got off the mountain he was back to chewing a can a day like he never quit it took him almost 3 years to totally quit again so now he says "Im just a chew away from a can a day"
Its hard good luck.

"WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW" "REVOLUTION
BECOMES DUTY" unknown

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-12 AT 00:34AM (MST)[p]Been chewing Cope since 1978. 7th grade. I have never really wanted to quit and have had multiple family members die from cancer including my Dad about 8 years ago. I figure life is short, never know what day may be your last, might as well do the things I enjoy while I'm here. Something has to kill ya.

Funny thing is, I think my dad passing is why I won't quit. Let me explain. He chewed for a lot of years and loved to tip the Early Times. Well he quit chewing and drinking cold turkey and started going to the gym religiously every day for about a year and a half. Lost a bunch of weight and was in the best shape of his life since when he played college football. He retired and was gone 6 months later. So I say screw it after I saw all that work for nothing.

-John Wayne

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom