Cots???

I have the Slumberjack, and with a foam pad or Therma-Rest, it is very comfortable. However, two of the plastic connectors for the cross bars have been broken off by friends who "helped" set it up by twisting the cross bar.

RR

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-05 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]I've got the slumberjack. much more comfortable for the bigger
guy (6'4" - 230lb) than the old army cots. they make the cot trees and cot night stands for these oversize cots, too.
they come in handy in camp.
jim

I like the Slumberjack also. I'm 6'4" too, and my feet don't hang over the end. Big and comfortable. mtmuley

I have a bunch of different cots. Some millitaty issue with metal frames. Never have been able to connect both ends because the nylon is so tight. I have a few Costco cots that are the same as the Slumberjack. These are good cots but I don't have much confidence in the plastic end connectors. My favorite is made by Nebo. They make the outfitter for Cabelas. They are longer and wider and have an all metal frame including the end connectors and they are easy to set up. I paid $69 at Cal Ranch for my Nebo.
Wes

I have a couple Cabelas cots and they were a bear to put together so I took a drill and hack saw and shortened them up in the middle,took the bolts out,cut the ends, redrilled and put them back together and they work great now,These are the nylon cots with the plastic ends,hope this helps some...Devlin

Wes, do you have any trouble getting the second end bar in place? I have to use a piece of 2x2 wood as a pry bar in order to muscle it onto the end connector. When it is completely together though, it is the best cot around. Lots of room and strong. I read on Cabela's that there model has spring loaded connectors, is this a newer model than I have? Does your NEBO have these spring loaded connectors?

On my millitary issue I've never been able to get the second bar on. I've tried with a crowbar but the material started to tear. My Nebo doesn't have the spring loaded connectors. The Nebo is pretty tight but I just bow it a little to get the second bar on. I'll deffinetly buy more.
Wes

I have the XL.. it is HUGE.. I mean HUGE... If you are going to put this in a tent you might want to think about it.. I have a twin size futton mattress that fits but it is just TOOOOOO big for my tent... draw the deminsions on the ground and you will see what I mean.

Jason

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom