Cottontails?

>Yah, out your way there are
>a ton. Thinking of
>something closer to home maybe.
>

Well Preddy!

You gotta getta out of town far enough to get away from the Bunny Lovers!:D

Will they let you shoot Bunny's out the Truck Window off the Lawns of all the Big Mansions out your way?:D

I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've Made!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/us
er_photos3/9001hank2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-15 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p]Dont know where your at... Im here in Sanpete and had Cotton Tail Stew for Supper last night. Around here there have been 1 or 2 in about every rocky sage brush draw. Am thinking of taking my oldest Grandson out after them in an hour or 2. There are also a lot of Jacks this year. The ones we had for supper (4) were taken in under 2 hours and prob. 1 mile of walking. Good Luck

edit: reading my post it sounded like we ate the jacks ...lol no the 4 were cotton tails :)

Lol! I was going to ask you how you got those jacks to taste anything but stringy!

I'm in SL, hence my question. But it sounds like I could go out west and poke around, but last time we ran into idiots. Maybe we shall swing south a bit.

Robb, but that view though!

>Lol! I was going to
>ask you how you got
>those jacks to taste anything
>but stringy!
>
>I'm in SL, hence my question.
> But it sounds like
>I could go out west
>and poke around, but last
>time we ran into idiots.
> Maybe we shall swing
>south a bit.
>
>Robb, but that view though!

Hey Preddy?

When you find a place with No idiots let me know will you?

I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've Made!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/us
er_photos3/9001hank2.jpg

Elk 22 ammo? Hell I use 7 shot 12 gauge shells on them, cheaper and you just shoot no need to aim.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-15 AT 04:30PM (MST)[p]DS- I use 22 because I want to eat them without picking lead shot outta my teeth!

Bessy, the cottontails are worth more, have you seen what domestic rabbit sells per pound??!!! JFP!!

Hey Preddy!

Haven't Noticed Rabbit Price in the Store,I'm kinda like you,if I'm eatin Bunny,I'm shootin Bunny!

The Worst Day Bunny Huntin is Still better than the Best Day at Work!:D

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

Give us the best recipe, I've been thinking about taking up bunny hunting again. They are thick where ever I go.

Hey Trix, love to hear if any of those areas are closer than a 3-hour drive to the Basin (not that it's not worth the drive, tho).

My super favorite is plain old fried. I'll cook up a couple and take some cold for lunches, just like fried chicken it is just as good cold.

I blanch the quarters in chicken stock for about 5 mins. Then dredge in buttermilk, followed by egg wash then in flour or panko crumbs seasoned with lemon and pepper, Lawry's and garlic powder.

Flash fry or pan fry in either coconut oil or peanut oil.

The second favorite is wok-seared with veggies in kung pao sauce over rice.

I'm hungry now, dangit!

Thanks Predator! I didn't make it out, I appreciate the recipe. I will let you know when I make it.

Hey predator here is something to get you going. In the general forum I posted a pic of rabbit hunt. Go west.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-16 AT 07:18AM (MST)[p]>I blanch the quarters in chicken
>stock for about 5 mins.
> Then dredge in buttermilk,
>followed by egg wash then
>in flour or panko crumbs
>seasoned with lemon and pepper,
>Lawry's and garlic powder.

Thanks for the recipe Predator. Is the blanching used to make them not so tuff? Do you put the quarters in cold stock, bring to a boil and then cook for 5 min or just simmer for 5 min? Thanks!

Thanks guys. I took my Pops out east, and it is definitively hot out there still. He had a great time, and I tell you what- don't mess with him and a pistol!! We both limited in about 90 minutes. It was cold and only partly cloudy. The rabbits were holding very tight to their holes, but when the sun would peak out a bit, they seemed to be everywhere.

Silver- actually it's to make sure they are cooked all the way through and also keeps the quarters nice and juicy. I let the stock come to a slow boil, throw in the quarters and let it rise to boil again, then lower to simmer for about 5 minutes. Once I see the meat start to retract on the leg bones, I pull them out and douse in cold water. This is to stop the cooking process and keep the heat from making the egg/buttermilk wash sticky.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom