Coues deer rut

billc

Could the coues deer be rut or pre rut by nov 12. My sons has the nov 12 to 16th hunt in unit 16. We can hunt coues or mule deer but hope to focus on a coues deer. Just not sure what to think going in for this hunt. I know the mule deer rut is normally dec and jan.

Will all the rain change how we should go into the hunt also for coues

They will will incidence around does as they share the same habitat. Bucks will be bachelored up or solo. Absolutely 0 interest in rutting behavior.

The reports that I have been getting from friends who have hunted elk recently is that animals are spread out all over the place due to the massive amounts of available feed and water. I will be hunting 16 the weekend prior to your son's hunt and will try to send you a report once I get back. My plan currently is to find vantage points and glass all day. And as stated above, Coues rut occurs basically during the same time as the mule deer rut down here. If you want to focus on Coues best thing to do is find an area that holds them and spend a lot of time behind the glass.

The reports that I have been getting from friends who have hunted elk recently is that animals are spread out all over the place due to the massive amounts of available feed and water. I will be hunting 16 the weekend prior to your son's hunt and will try to send you a report once I get back. My plan currently is to find vantage points and glass all day. And as stated above, Coues rut occurs basically during the same time as the mule deer rut down here. If you want to focus on Coues best thing to do is find an area that holds them and spend a lot of time behind the glass.
Thanks hope you have a great hunt and anu info you have would be great after your hunt. I was worried with all the water and food it will make it harder. I am planning on a lot of glassing that is for sure

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom