Coues deer Trophy

tooele

Thought I would share a couple of coues deer photos, as there is no hunting going on and sometimes it is nice to see some pics this time of year. Let's see if this works.
mattsbuck3.jpg

mattsbuck2.jpg

mattsbuck4.jpg

T

Looks to be an older buck with a blockier head. Did you get to age him? If you shot him in AZ, he did well to survive the years to get that very nice rack.

RR

It is 100 percent coues deer, shot it within 1/2 mile of the Arizona/mexico border on the Mexican side. Thought Arizona guys would appreciate it, especially since it was so close to the border. Some of the bucks we watched would cross back and forth to the US, then Mexico. So would the never ending stream of drug traffic. I was staring down the barrel of an automatic gun on multiple occasions. The drug guys waving their sks's at 300 yards weren't nearly as unsettling as the mexican military rushing you on the mountain and surrounding you with 8 automatic weapons.
T

No wonder the traffickers waved their sks's and the military rushed you. Dressed in black you look like a trafficker. No offense, just an observation. I live about 5 miles from the border and I also hunt 36B alot, and ALWAYS the illegals are dressed in BLACK or other dark colors. Camoflage or blaze orange may have eased the tensions.
Great buck, be careful.

I was in Camouflage, I stripped down after taking the shot and harvesting the buck. A couple minutes after the photo, I was bare naked on top. YOu might be right, once I was naked on top no traffickers or military bothered me at all. Maybe they thought I was a crazy gringo. The buck was south of 36b. Didn't dare wear orange as some of the traffickers made too close of calls and it was necessary to be out of site for a few minutes.

T

Awesome buck!! hey Tooele somebody told me they had the fence up all over that part of AZ? Just wondering, I hunt along the border near Sasabe where some bucks move back and forth, havent been in a while, just wondering about the fence. BH1

We went through Sasabe and the big fence is up there and heads south east quite a few more miles. Not sure how many miles. We were maybe 30 miles and where we hunted there was just a barbed wire fence still. But I don't think they will take the big fence up into the mountain terrain. Seemed like the big fence was all in the valley.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom