Couple of Archery Blacktail/Hybrids (pics)

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
Well, the weather finally broke and I was able to get out with my bow again. With only a week left of the D-11 archery season, I went out Thursday and decided to finally shoot a smaller 2x3 I've been playing with all season. He's about 16" wide and also has eyeguards. Not a huge one, but should make the state archery book and provide some great sausage.

This morning I took my 9 years old son out with me, as he's been looking forward to going all week. Well, early this morning the rain was falling lightly when another hunting partner spotted a buck on a ridge. He was bedded down and in a hard area to stalk. After I set up above him, my hunting partner and son walked slowly up the ridge and bumped the buck towards me. One arrow through the shoulders proved to work and I had a record book 19" 3x3 down. This buck was unique, with a solid black tail from the tip to the spine resmebling that of a Columbian Blacktail. I guess that's why they classify them as a Pacific Hybrid.

My son was pumped and helped us process the buck and pack him out. The hike was a LOOOOONG way since our access was restricted due to fire closures. Either way, we finally made it home and got cleaned up.

This was almost a repeat of last years D-11 bucks....Guess Halloween had something to do with it??? :) Good luck to you all and I hope you enjoy the photos.

BOHNTR )))------------------->

1st buck on Thursday:
faacd438.jpg

Here's one with my BEST hunting partner:
faacc738.jpg

One more with a different angle:
faacc737.jpg

BOHNTR

Congrats on the taking of another fine animal and better yet sharing the experience with your #1 hunting partner your son! Nothing better than hunting with your son and passing on the great tradition of bow hunting and hunting in general. My 10 yr old son was with me this year when we harvested a little coastal blacktail and the grin on there faces is priceless. Way to go and keep up the good work!

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHO YOU FAVORITE HUNTING PARTNER IS.I HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE GREAT HUNTS. OH YEAH NICE PICS.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom