Couple questions about a pronghorn hunt

DirtyTough

I am thinking about doing a pronghorn hunt. I tried doing some research on the Wy f&g site but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I want to take my boy on a hunt. He will be 5 by the time we go. He won't have a tag obviously, I just want him to see and be part of a successful hunt.

I have the week off around the weekend of the 12th of October. We are non res. I want to take him with me, hike in a little ways, and hunt pronghorn. I don't care if its a doe or buck just want him to get to see it. I would rather it be a hunt on foot then a road hunt.

I was trying to find when the season ended. Also what units I could get an otc tag for.

If anybody could point me in the direction as far as the regulations go, or tell me when the season ends and what tags I could get otc it would appreciated.

Thanks for any and all info. Branden

If you don't care whether its a hunt for bucks or does and it's for a hunt the middle of October, here is what I would suggest. Call the G&F Office in Gillette and ask them for a list of ranchers who allow access on their ranches for a fee in unit 23. When you get the list start making some calls and asking if you can get access to shoot does with your young boy along. They will probably allow it then for free since the season opens on 10/1 and it will be very slow by the time you would get there. Once you get something set up you can buy one or more tags online in July when the leftover tags go on sale. They will only be $34 a piece and you may be able to buy from 2 to possibly 4 for that unit. You'll also need the $12.50 Conservation Stamp that can also be purchased on line and printed out right on your computer.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom