Couple sheds glassed up on the hunts

Glassed this elk shed up during the antelope hunt. Had the spotting scope cranked up to 75 power looking from herd to herd. Needless to say the lope hunt took back burner for a couple hours. Not a monster elk shed but the best I've ever found, wish I would have looked around alittle harder for the match.
6752012_antelope_area_58_elk_shed_278.jpg
Sorry not the best pic, got excited when I walked up on it and the ATL's that I took had my shadow over one and my dog standing in front of the other.
19312012_antelope_area_58_elk_shed_282.jpg
Now this deer shed was very unexpected as I've shed hunted this area quite a bit and always came out empty handed. Anyways the wife and I camped out over night, The next morning I glassed up three bucks feeding on the other side of a big canyon in a small sage bowl. The best of the three was a fair 3pt and the after talking it over with her she said thats was she wanted so I settled in to see where they would bed down. As I followed him, he all the sudden stopped and became overtook at something on the ground for a good 5 minutes. I thought it looked like it might be an shed but wasn't sure. After he lost curiosity and started moving off, he bumped it with his leg spinning it a little. I looked at the wife and said "I think I found another drop...but if it is,its a big one...looks like it has an eye guard for sure". About 2hrs later we were on top of the bucks and she found out what buck fever was as I watched them run over the ridge. Biggest shed I've picked up in a couple years and neat to see how another buck reacts to one laying on the ground.
89388_big_shed_271.jpg

29238_big_shed_277.jpg
39188_big_shed_285.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom