Cow Elk Unit 100

WITUfan

I have a good friend who is heading out to unit 100 for a cow elk hunt. I am not going along on the trip, but have been enjoying the planning. As those of you familiar with the area know, unit 100 is huge! Would anyone be willing to share any information regarding some likely places in the unit to start looking for elk? Again, he is looking for a cow and to have a nice trip with his daughter who plans to tag along.

Thanks for any advice!

Drive around til you see one then get out and shoot it.

Actually,it can be that easy.Just find a good vantage and glass.You'll find elk,guaranteed.

I was out there the last 2 days,and both days we could have shot cows from the road.They roam most areas of the unit.

Thanks for the info guys. I hope it works out for him that he sees tons of elk. I think if he gets one quickly they are going to head up to Yellowstone to look around a bit. It sounds like getting a cow quickly is possible in this unit.

Not a problem. I will help out anytime I can. They will have a great time. The same unit has antelope, deer, coyotes and numerous wild horses also. They can enjoy running around the unit and seeing many different animals as well as the elk. Fun unit to hunt. Up the road to the north about 30 miles is two old mining towns (South Pass and one other that has let me right now, but within a couple miles of each other on the same road). that are also fun to visit if they tag up and have a few hours. Great little cafe with great hamburgers to enjoy with his daughter if they get the chance. Best of luck to them.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom