Coyote contest

B

bigbullhunter

I am just wondering who would be interested in a northern utah coyote contest. I am trying to plan one and need some ideas for cost and what not.

BBH

i would if i lived in utah. we just did one up here in eastern washington and had a great time. 2 man teams $25.00 entry. met at a bar after and had a couple beers and told other teams how great we were. winning team got the remainder of the pot ($90.00). winning team only got one dog. the weather was too windy that day. each team saw between 10 and 25 dogs. i thought a better idea would be a gift certificate at a sporting good store. the guy who started it up just hung fliers at sportsmans warehouse. seemed to work pretty good. collect money before the hunt as several teams never showed up at the bar and never paid either.

With a $25 entry fee, I'd drive up from Southern Utah to do it. Sounds like a good time. 2-man teams seem to be the best for contests. I think the hard part would be to get the word out far enough to really have a good contest. I thnk ads for it all over Utah would be a good start.

Hi I am from washington also, just want to let everyone know there is going to be a coyote hunt this coming weekend the 28th & 29th of january.
It will start at Warden Washington,this is a small town just south of Moses Lake on Hwy 17, the entry fee is 100.00 per each two man teams and the payout is 70% for largest male and largest female.
It looks like it will start at 5:00 pm the 28th and finish at dusk on the 29th for weigh in.
The contact phone number is 1-509-989-6133, good luck and hope to see a bunch there.

I would be interested also! I live in Rainier, but would be willing to drive east for a song dog shootout!
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

Ok here is the info it is definitely a go.

Coyote hunting contest

Locations to be hunted: Box Elder,Cache, and Rich Counties

Dates: February 4-6 2005

Entry Fees: $15 per person $25 per 2 man team $10 for youth 16 and under.

Fees must be paid on or before February 4, 2005 to be eligible for the contest. Each person/team will receive a number showing they have paid the proper fee(s)

Points are awarded for the following.

Biggest Male Coyote (20 points per day)
Biggest Female Coyote (20 points per day)
Heaviest Coyote (15 points per day)
Smallest male/female coyote (5 points per day)
Most coyotes (15 points per day)

There are 75 total points per day awarded the Three people/teams with the most points win so make sure your one of those that gets the points.

this is a partial listing of prizes to be awarded we are still working to get a few people to sponsor this event.

Cass Creek Electronic call
Rabbit Distress Calls
Gift Certificates
Feather Flex Predator Decoy

For more Information Contact Sean Coombs @ 435-753-5168 or email me at [email protected]

this sounds like a great way to pass the time between hunting seasons. let us know how it turns out.

yes it starts at daylight on the 4th check in time is 530 pm each night if ya have any more questions let me know.

BBH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom