Coyote Hunting ???

C

CAnAZbwhnter

I'm thinking about getting out there and hunting some dogs. A friend of mine wants to take me out and give it a shot. All I have is a hand-held rabbit in distress call... have you guys had any success with one of these? I haven't tried it yet but will it work?
Also, if I wanted to try predator hunting with a bow, is it far-fetched or have you guys had luck taking coyotes out with a bow? If so, do u recommend carrying a pistol just in case you call a cat in...just lookin for insight fellas, thanks.

I am anxious to get back up out in the hills and thought this could be some fun....whats your experience with it?

-C

JUST GOT MY FOXPRO 3 IN A FEW WEEKS AGO TOOK IT OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME STARTED WITH A RABBIT IN DISTRESS CALL AND 15 MINUTES LATER A FOX SHOWED UP. I WOULD IMAGINE A HAND HELD CALL WOULD WORK JUST AS GOOD. HAVENT CALLED A COYOTE IN YET BUT THE FOXES SEEM LIKE THERE PLENTIFUL. GOOD LUCK!

we call in coyotes all the time with hand held calls, they work just fine. if you are gonna bow hunt them i suggest a 2 person set up with the caller hidden very well and the shooter 20 yards away. easier to draw back if the coyote is not fixed on your position. good luck.

Get a lion tag if you're gonna be calling.

Last Thursday, while on the general pig hunt in Unit 18B, I called in a 90 lb female while using the Tally-Ho call. This was at 11 a.m.

She came running in from about 400 yards out and little bro shot her with a Mini 14 at 20 steps as she was still coming in!

G&F said she was 4-5 years old. She was full of prickly pear cactus spines, even had 'em in her ear. She was giving my pigs out there a beating!

But like the song goes, "The lion sleeps tonight".

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Don

Low or high in 18B? I once spoke to a rancher on the high end that said there were so many cats up there he was not sure how there were enought deer left to hunt. Said he came across a cat killed deer most every day.

Not really a cat killer, but since this is an area I like to hunt for deer, thanks for saving a few.

264X300

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom