Coyote

like kelso peak area south of baker???

or Kelso area between onyx and mojave??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I HAVE NOT SPECIFICALLY HUNTED COYOTE, ONLY DEER IN THE MOJAVE NATIONAL PRESERVE WHICH IS VERY CLOSE TO WHERE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. KELBAKER ROAD AND ALONG CEDAR CANYON ROAD. MANY MANY
COYOTES. MAIL SPRING AREA DOES NOT HAVE MANY PRIVATE PROPERTY HOUSES AND LAST TIME I WAS THERE NEEDED COYOTES THINNED OUT. I AM LOOKING AT BUYING AN ELECTRONIC CALL MYSELF TO THIN YOTES OUT IN MY FAVORITE MULIE HUNTING GROUNDS. THER ARE HOUSES IN THE PRESERVE SO BE CAREFUL ABOUT CHOOSING YOUR SET-UP AREA OFF THE ROAD. MANY COWS BEING ON PRIVATE AND BLM GRAZING RIGHTS. DEFINITELY MOUNTAIN LION THERE, HUNT WITH A BUDDIE. GOOD HUNTING.

Thank you for your input firehawk. I have looked on the California Fish and Game page but can't seem to find anything on coyotes. For example what kind of permits I need or even if you can hunt coyotes in this area. Any info would be great thanks.

you only need a hunting license and you can hunt yotes just about anywhere out there. Areas you can't hunt are Providence mtn recreation area, and around hole-in-the wall campground, and mid-hills campground. I hunt birds out there and there are yotes everywhere. Lots off of wildhorse canyon rd, and that area is open country after the big burn they had several years ago. Last time I hunted yotes there with my son we had one run in on us to about 10 feet away and scared the crap out of my son. The nexted setup we had 5 different yotes coming in at the same time. Shoot as many as you can to help the deer, big horns, and birds in that area. Depending on where you live don't forget the Johnson valley area as well lots of yotes although they are a little smarter there.

Thank you. I will be coming from S.Utah. Drove through there going to palm springs and it looked like awesome coyote country. Thanks for all you help I will be hitting it up sometime this year.

try the east side of kelbaker road...at the powerlines just east of kelso peak....take the power line road east towards marl springs...I have never not had a response at a stand in that area. once you get to the east side of marl springs you'll see a little range all by itself still to the east...try all around that little range of mtns..

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom