Crack Kills

soupcreek

Here are a few pics that friends have sent me over the net. I'm really not sure where they came from, but they are kind of cool.
Not a fun way to die!
ryanlay62904-4.jpg

This next one is a whitetail poached in Alberta, I think. The guy in the picture is a game official.
ryanlay62904-6.jpg

I don't really know any details about this last one other than that is a BIG bear.
ryanlay62904-1.jpg

Right off the B&C site this about the whitetail.
Rumor Milling
December 15, 2003
We have been getting "here's another new World's Record" emails about this buck. Most are claiming SE Alberta, Ontario, and Wisconsin as the location. Some are claiming it was taken 1/2 hour after legal shooting light and the local game department now has the head. It's big. That's all we know for sure.

Anyone have any facts?

UPDATE: Unofficial 223+ 199-7/8 green final score ? 12 inches of abnormal points plus unmatched 7 inch tine

TrophyWatch has learned from a reliable source that this buck was taken, after legal shooting hours, in Ontario, Canada, and was seized by local conservation officers (one of these officers is pictured with the buck). Several have commented that it is too bad a buck of this caliber cannot be recognized by the Boone and Crockett records book because it was taken illegally. This is not entirely true. Although the hunter can never enter the buck because of the records program fair chase requirements, Ontario wildlife officials can enter the buck with the hunter listed as unknown, thereby giving this tremendous deer and Ontario the recognition it deserves.

Got married 2 1/2 years ago. Wife got pregnant two weeks later. 2nd kid is due in 6 weeks. I may have been a little busy for the last two years. Apparently these pictures are old?
I feel pretty lucky to have gotten the three days I got last year to shoot a little buck I did. The year before I only made it into the hills once.

The pictures are new to me.

D13er just giving a little info on one of the pics. Are you not happy with yourself and feel a need to try and bring someone down. Maybe you should wake up.

Soupcreek Congrats on your last couple years sounds like it's going your way. Last year I had 4 days afield I can relate to being to busy.

have you guys heard of the 16 foot bear from alaska that ate three forest rangers before being killed by the marine with a 38 snubby??

Tedbear1.jpg

JB

Wow that's almost unbelievable, a bear that size. I visit here often, have a laugh and get some good info once in a while. What I find funny is that there is always someone ready to jump on someone else. Must be a bad case of C.R.I.
149958895taoPwW_ph.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-04 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p]Hey soupcreek, congrats on the new family unit! I am in the same boat as you with a 13 month old. I have spent very little time doing anything but trying to be a good dad. Kudos to you for doing the same!

BTW- Thanks for posting the pics.

soupcreek:

I do remember those photos a while back and personally don't care if they've been posted 100 times before, as I always enjoy looking at big critters and unique photos. Don't let others discourage you on what you want to post or talk about here on MonsterMuleys. I know it seems that EVERYONE has nothing but negative opinions these days, but reality is most enjoy the photos even if they don't reply. Keep posting and thanks.

BOHNTR )))-------------->

Jb

Not everyone lives on the internet 24\7 and subsequently sees every post on every website( snorting and pushing up glasses).

Andy

Cool pics....unfortunate for the buck on top though! And unlike ol' JB, I haven't seen every picture on the net, and I've been awake the last 2 years, so keep posting if you got anymore.

P.S....congrats on the family, I know the feeling. It's better to be a good dad than a good hunter!

All those other dweebs may have posted theses picts. before, but they didn't come up with a catchy phrase as Soup did.:D & it don't hurt much looking at cool picts again & again,
sure wish I could find the old ladys Victoria's Secret catalog.:-(

I agree that it doesn't hurt to see a lot of the photos over and over. They are still entertaining. and hey B_F_E, if you can't find the VS catalog, just slip on over to their website. I'm sure they have one!! hehe
a*r

A bad day hunting is better than a Good Day at Work!!

Thanks for posting. Congrats on the family! We are expecting number 3! I have seen the pictures too but I like seeing them again. That is a huge whitey!
Jeff

Man, glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't get out much last year, I also had my first kid on 8/23/03. Believe me, that put a damper on my bowhunting. I wouldn't have traded that experience for all the hunting in the world. Kids are awesome.
I still managed to arrow a fork horn though, so there was still meat in the freezer.

Whats the deal with the lump to the large bears right that seems to look a heck of a lot like another huge bear? Was that bear killed by the bigger boy or the trophy of the otherhunter? am I making a lump look like something its not?

TC,

That sure looks like another bear to me, if it isn't I'd sure like to have a rock that looks like that.

BeanMan

I found a few more pics that you have all probably seen. Here they are:
This is a little guy from New Mexico
ryanlay70804-1.jpg

This one is from the Bozeman Montana area
ryanlay70804-2.jpg

This last one is not really hunting (for most of us) but its pretty funny.
ryanlay70804-6.jpg

Oh, yeah, about the bear. I heard that the big bear killed the little bear for moving into its territory. The hunter killed the big bear not long after that.
Also, thanks to all who responded. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only guy who loves to hunt but also loves other things just a little more (i.e. my wife and kids).

A bad day hunting ain't bad-Ain't life grand
You only go thru life once- so get it right!!
1tonRam.jpg

the bear picture has been around for a while if you look close there is another 'VERY DEAD' bear in front and to the rt of the recently deceased one-

now here is some really BIG bears

189221.jpg

That guy sure is brave hanging around that many big bears!

Just out of curiosity, do Taxidermists always place the right hand higher than the left on a standing bear mount. Just thought it funny that at least 4 out of the 5 are like that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom