Crack

Dangbig

Does anyone have experience with a tiny crack in plexiglass, is there a way to stop it from getting worse? I drilled a hole a couple years ago for a hand windshield wiper now I noticed a tiny fracture crack coming off the hole. Ideas? Thanks

I'd bet it's on a Side X Side where there's lots of Vibration?

I've seen a few Guys do Gob Jobs/Glue Jobs but it didn't look very Good!

Also seen Guys Drill a Small Hole at the end of the Crack to keep it from continuing to crack!

Drill a tiny hole with a very sharp bit, right at the end of the hole. Then apply Gorilla Glue Clear on both sides of hole. Hope for the best. Use rubber washers on both sides of the penetration to cushion the attachment of your wiper.

They do make a plastic, two part repair kit with a lazor light to melt and bond the crack, I used it once and was shocked how well it worked. I’m sorry I can not Remember the name of it.

I'd bet it's on a Side X Side where there's lots of Vibration?

I've seen a few Guys do Gob Jobs/Glue Jobs but it didn't look very Good!

Also seen Guys Drill a Small Hole at the end of the Crack to keep it from continuing to crack!
It is I was hauling beaches the other day and noticed it, thanks for this I will try it

If you're willing to do a little custom work, you can weld another piece of plexiglass over the stress points (use acetone). Make it large enough to distribute the stress over a larger area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom