Customer Service

Utah400Elk

Very Active Member
Customer Service?

I am sure, like most people on this forum, I have noticed a severe lack of customer service from almost every store I go to. I can't put my finger on the time when it started to decline, and it might just be that I am turning into a grumpy old man (only 40 but I try hard). Either way, I have definitely noticed a sharp decline in the service provided and the general attitude of most stores and their employees. There are two exceptions and they are: Cabela?s and Sierra Trading Post. I know that several people in recent years have had a bad time with Cabela?s however they have always treated me great. I can only hope that continues.

Now on to Sierra Trading Post?
I live in Cheyenne and their headquarters are here. This might be why I have had such a great experience with them. In 2010 I bought two pairs of Asolo boots from Sierra. I had previously had a pair and they were the best boots I have ever owned (I bought them from REI in Salt Lake City). They lasted about five years and were great. I was in Sierra and found two pair of Asolo that I liked. One was waterproof and the other was not. They were not the perfect fit of my old pair but I figured they need to be worn for a break in period. Long story short, they were the worst boots I had ever purchased. It was like walking with two concrete blocks strapped to my feet. I thought I had bruised my feet my wearing them. This was just before Elk season so I put them in the closet and hunted in my old boots. I kept thinking they would wear in and become great boots. I pulled them back out of the closet in spring 2011 and they were still the worst boots I could imagine. If I wore either pair for a day of hiking I couldn't walk the next day. The bottoms of my feet were in serious pain. Well I had two pairs of boots that had over 30 miles in each that had cost me over $250.00. I thought it had been too long to do anything about them and I had worn them to much for any type of return. The boots were in great shape but I couldn't wear them.

Last week I was talking to a couple of co-workers and told them I was going to throw the boots away. They told me Sierra would take them back no matter what condition and how long I had had them. I decided to try. I went to Sierra yesterday. They found my original purchase (I didn't have the receipt) and they gave me full store credit. I got a new pair of Danner Boots (water proof) and a new pair of Merrell boots. They even gave my $54.00 cash back. I have been a customer of theirs for years but I will NEVER buy boot from anybody else. The owners are also big time bird hunters.

Just wanted to take time and report info about a company with GREAT customer service that is owned by hunters.

Good on you for taking the time to spread the word. I see tons of store bashing and very little positive comment unless its in response to a basher. Refreshing.

We usually only hear complaits about poor experiences.
It's refreshing to hear of great customer service and you should be commended on taking time to share your thoughts.
Zeke

Good post,
Bass Pro shop in Vegas reveiw not great.
Sportsmans Warehouse in Vegas pretty good.
Now mind you this is just my opinion on Customer service and not price and products

Ya!

I was Perty Proud of the packaging job Cabela's done on My SWARO Spotter & Upgraded Eyepiece!

Shipped in a Box approx. 24"X24"x36" and not one damn Styrofoam bean,no paper,no nothing!

The original Swaro Boxes were THRASHED!

2 little Boxes(Spottert & Eyepiece!) bouncing around in the big box for a not so nice ride!

Would of bought it from the Lehi/Alpine Store!

If they woulda had one in Stock!

PISS POOR Packaging Job!

Ya!

I gave em a piece of Mind!

More people not doing their GAWD-DAMNED Job nor giving a Rats Ass!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Sttm aren't swarovski's supposed to be tough enough they don't need any cushion?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Well justr!

I guess so!

Guess they wanted to test them on Delivery?

Now all I need is something to look at!

Maybe the SWARO will make the NE Region PISSCUTTERS look bigger?:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom