CVA Scout 7mm-08

regularjoe

Does anyone have an experience with the CVA Scout rifle? I am thinking of getting one chambered in 7mm-08 for my son (11 yrs old) but, am concerned that the recoil may be a bit too much for him due to the rifle being so lightweight. Let me know your thoughts.

I bought a youth savage 243 for my niece awhile ago and didn't have time to shoot it first. I gave it to my dad to sight in for his granddaughter and he mentioned the recoil bein stout. That's the trouble with light weight rifles. He added a bipod but I'm sure it still bucks a bit. Then he found some lighter weight bullets and said it helped quiet a bit.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-14 AT 01:51AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-14 AT 01:47?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-14 AT 01:46?AM (MST)

I have a cva stalker in 7-08. I don't feel it recoils at all as it is a heavy rifle. However, your results may vary due to the weight difference. The Bergera barrel is really nice as well. I shoot the Hornady Customlite round through it and I can shoot all day with no problems. Currently, groups at slightly over an inch at 100 and can hit the gong at 400.

Here is my rifle in action a few weeks ago on a desert ewe hunt.

7573image.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom