CWD 3rd season?

sageman

How many of your deer tested positive in 2020 3rd season? Do you think the tactic of killing the older bucks with the later season will work?

Last edited:
Ok does everyone know that CWD was grown in a lab in Ft Collins in the late 70's possibly 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those Deer escaped and that is where all this BS stems from? Do your research and you will find out that I am right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now these idiots want the wolves I mean how F------- Stupid can they be!!!!!!!!! It is a crime what Co DOW Does, they have to be the one of the dumbest Fu_____ Outfits on the planet!!! I would love one of those Idiots to chime in, I really would but they never will!!!Colorado is Doomed boys and it is the saddest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They run the most Fd up system on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!Chime in DOW Boys I'm waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I killed a buck third season in 2018 that tested positive in Unit 12, second one that season (ColoWyo Coal Co., east side of Rt. 13). Meat was tossed and I got reimbursed for my butcher fees by COW.

Last years deer, NO. Had one from unit 61 tested the year it was mandatory and was negative I believe.

Heck, most of the time part of the meat is consumed prior to the test result notification.

Only thing I have noticed is that I walk in circles more now then I did in the past!!! LOL :eek::unsure:

As mentioned several times above, the cwd deal is a hoax. It’s similar to covid in humans as far as the majority that have it are carriers and don’t have many symptoms and die. Only a tiny fraction more of total deer that have tested positive are bucks (which isn't significantly different than does because it is a fraction of a fraction of a %). Bucks are targeted because they move around more during the rut and have a better chance of spreading it.

In reality the tiny fraction of truly sick deer often get killed by predators and the remaining deer are pretty darn healthy. It is more or less a ploy for the cpw to sell more tags. It’s really a shame because Colorado’s trophy mule deer have been an icon throughout the Western U S since the 1990s when they started limiting all units across the state!

Last edited:
As mentioned several times above, the cwd deal is a hoax. It’s similar to covid in humans as far as the majority that have it are carriers and don’t have many symptoms and die. Only a tiny fraction more of total deer that have tested positive are bucks (which isn't significantly different than does because it is a fraction of a fraction of a %). Bucks are targeted because they move around more during the rut and have a better chance of spreading it.

In reality the tiny fraction of truly sick deer often get killed by predators and the remaining deer are pretty darn healthy. It is more or less a ploy for the cpw to sell more tags. It’s really a shame because Colorado’s trophy mule deer have been an icon throughout the Western U S since the 1990s when they started limiting all units across the state!
Nailed it

Ok does everyone know that CWD was grown in a lab in Ft Collins in the late 70's possibly 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those Deer escaped and that is where all this BS stems from? Do your research and you will find out that I am right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now these idiots want the wolves I mean how F------- Stupid can they be!!!!!!!!! It is a crime what Co DOW Does, they have to be the one of the dumbest Fu_____ Outfits on the planet!!! I would love one of those Idiots to chime in, I really would but they never will!!!Colorado is Doomed boys and it is the saddest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They run the most Fd up system on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!Chime in DOW Boys I'm waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I've read is that a grad student at Colo. St. Univ. and future wildlife biologist named Gene Schoonfeld {sp.?} was doing a study on mule deer and put them in an enclosure with sheep that had scrapie. It is a very similar disease that mutated a little and jumped to the deer. Schoonfeld, himself, wrote the article claiming responsibility

What I've read is that a grad student at Colo. St. Univ. and future wildlife biologist named Gene Schoonfeld {sp.?} was doing a study on mule deer and put them in an enclosure with sheep that had scrapie. It is a very similar disease that mutated a little and jumped to the deer. Schoonfeld, himself, wrote the article claiming responsibility
Id really like to see that article if you can find it.

As far as ive ever been able to find thats the first place they observed it not necessarily where it started. You see they dont hardly even know anything about the disease yet all these different wildlife agency's are up in arms about killing all the deer. Why? $ thats why

I've spoken with Gene years ago, ran into his daughter the other day. He's 83 now, health is gettin rough. The biggest issue is the research facility was built on an old sheep feedlot that had to be shut down for, you guessed it, repeated outbreaks of scrapie. Then the practice of catch and release of the deer they used for studies didn't help.

Last edited:
Fact: CWD was started from mutations resulting from experiments with scrapie in sheep.

Fact: the introduction of wolves will be disastrous for hunting in Colorado.

But neither of those facts are the fault of CPW. They didn’t do the experiments and are on record as against reintroduction of wolves.

Fact: killing animals doesn’t get rid of CWD. As stated, once it is in the soil, it will always be there. Not sure if it may slow the spread to new areas. I doubt it. But it will only delay it. It will NOT stop it. Just delay the inevitable.

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom