CWMU Elk

Cheater

I'm looking at a couple CWMU Elk Hunts. I've read over the CWMU information page that has all of the details (i.e. Operator Contact, Boundary Maps, Permit Numbers, Sastifaction Ratings, etc). Before I burn my points I will definitely contact the hunt operator for info, but I would also like to talk to hunters who have drawn the public tags in the past. Is there a way of finding out who has drawn these tags I'm looking at, and contacting them? I'd really like to get some unbiased opinions before I decide what to do. Thanks in advace!

To get a list of CWMU past public hunters, you would have to gramma that from the UDWR and the only way they might could give it to you is if they (the person who drew) checked the box to have their names released during the application period.

I think the best way would be to narrow your choices down to 3-4 CWMUs (which it sounds like you have)-- call the operators and ask them if they have the names of past public hunters (which they should) if they are hesitant to give them too you, there might be a reason. If you know the CWMUs I could certain contact the operator and offer some help.

Todd Black
BTO

Thanks for the help. I will make a couple calls, and see what comes of it. Todd, I'll get with you if I feel like I'm not getting the info I want. I don't expect the operator to hold my hand or give me special treatment. I just want to make sure that I will be given a fair chance to hunt the property, and kill a good animal. I don't want to be banished to one corner of the property like you hear about from time to time. I get the impression that the public/draw hunters are sometimes treated as a nuisance. I have never hunted a CWMU, just the vibe I've gotten.

A couple properties of interest are Skull Crack and Durst Mtn.

Can you guys recommend some operators who have developed a repuatation for treating the public hunters well?

Thanks again!

if they treat you like they did my sister in law on her skull crack deer hunt i would walk across the street to piss on them if they were on fire!!!

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

There are a few cwmu tags/operators i sure as hell wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. Best of luck with what ever you apply for.

I mean i WOULDNT walk across the street.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom