CWMU units?

Darkcloud

Thinking of putting my wife in for one for moose. Pro's and con's?
Anybody have a bad experience with one? Any info would be great. If it was just a deer or elk tag i would try it, but a OIL tag makes me think twice about it.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've had good and bad experiences on CWMU's (mostly bad), but have only hunted deer and antelope. I've been putting in for a CWMU for moose, but only because I want to dump my points at some point before I die and size really doesn't matter to me at this point. It's really hard to determine how good a CWMU will be by talking to the operator, because every operator I talk to tells me to not put in because the moose situation is so terrible right now (which, is pretty accurate). I just find it interesting that they try to steer the public hunters away from applying, yet will gladly take thousands of dollars from a private hunter to hunt moose on the same property.

My experience with CWMU's great operators and guides. No pressure to kill, and stand up all the way around I will be back and loved the two hunts I went on. Do yourself a favor and call the land owner before you draw most are stand up but then they get those tards who call a day before they want to hunt and expect them to drop the paying customers. So call around make a few contacts and treat them right and they will most likely do the same unless its the CWMU at Kentecot or that Fred guy at Hardscrable.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom