CWMU

mtnmn44

I have hunted CWMU's in the past and was successful and impressed. I am getting enough points again to draw a deer tag. I do realize that if the unit offers only 1 tag points don't help much. I have narrowed my search down to a couple and would like some information if someone is willing. Pine Canyon, Cedar Canyon and Pocatello Valley are the ones that I am interested in. Any information would be appreciated.

What kind of experience are you looking for and what type of Buck?

I can tell you that Pocatello Valley is very well run and you will be treated great. You probably won't find a monster, but a 140-150 class 4x4 would probably be doable.

I can't say much about the others

I hunted cedar canyon for cow elk a few Novembers ago and there were 4x4 bucks everywhere. Most were 22-25" wide. Pretty good ATV roads and access.

copple2

Some more information. This hunt will be my last for mule deer. I don't hunt the general season any more for personal reasons. I have harvested many bucks but all not very big. The biggest being a 20 in 4x4. I would like to be able to get one that is 24 to 26 in, something that would make a good mount to put on the wall. My health is failing and would like to do this before i am physicaly unable. On the other hunts my 2 sons were with me and had a great experience. I don't have the money to pay for a guide, that is the reason I have picked the ones mentioned is that they are guided free for public hunters and feel that will help me get what i am looking for. The CWMU program is very successful and offers a better experience than the other LE hunts in my opinion. So thats why I'm looking for help, just want to have the best chance at getting the best buck possible and have a great experience. Thanks

I've hunted the guildersleeve CWMU a few times and all I can say is good things about Mike Morgan and World Champion Outfitters. They will treat u just like a paying client. You should be able to find what u are looking for there no problem. I don't know anything about how may points it takes to draw that tag but I wod definitely look I to it.

+1 on guildersleeve mike Morgan is a top notch guy. One of the funnest cow hunts I've been on

>It appears Morgan is not operating
>Guildersleeve anymore. It is now
>Kim Bonnet.

That is true Kim Bonnet did pay the lease this year but Mike Morgan is still running the camp and the hunting.

Pine canyon could be a decent hunt and they take a few decent bucks, but might depend on when they would let you hunt. i would look towards ceder. Great potential and are some big big bucks running around. guildersleeve would also be a great choice. Also talk to the operator and request a nov. hunt. If they offer a hunt in nov. they have to give you the option.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom