CWMU

Its a Cooperative Wildlife Management Unit. Basically someone with a lot of private land wants to get special permits that allows them hunt a longer season. In order to do this they have to give the state a perecentage of the permits to issue in the drawing. I believe that its usually around 10% or so. The Permits give you a 5 day hunt on the property.

CWMU = Corrupt Wildlife Management Units

1 Guaranteed tags
2 Special Hunting seasons
3 In bed with the DWR
4 Private land owners getting big money for public game animals
5 CWMU operators screwing the majority of public hunters that drew these tags
6 Public hunters are only Guaranteed 3 hunting days Not 5
7 Public hunters get to hunt the ranch after it has already been hunted for almost 2 months! well unless you are there friend
8 Public hunters are given access to the shitty parts of that ranch and not the whole thing
9 Only Residents can draw for these units when the Wildlife belongs to everyone
10 You Utah People must be fool if you think these Units are good for managing wildlife

This is my opinion of the CWMU hunting Unit

SkunkShit

YOU'D REALLY BE MAD IF YOU LIVED HERE!!!

YOU MUST LIVE CLOSE???

I AGREE WITH SOME OF THEM TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE CWMU'S!!!

THE ONLY bobcat NOT PLANNING ON WASTING BONUS POINTS ON A CWMU!!!

Correct me if i'm wrong, isn't it private property. What makes you think the general public would have access to hunt there if the property wasn't in the program.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Bingo!!!!!! Kilbuc, I apologize that it took someone from WY to figure that out. The CWMU program gives thousands of people an opportunity to hunt property they would otherwise never get to hunt. The program was designed for the benefit of landowners as well as the public. It's defenitely not perfect but has unquestionably been a huge success.

There are some shoddy operators but there is a program in place to deal with them that is getting better too. The ones not doing things right are not going to be around long. Without the CWMU program to draw to, the limited entry units would be 10 times harder to draw than they already are.

In my experience the program has been both good for landowners/outfitters AND public hunters. There are many CWMU's that are very coveted tags to draw. And for a good reason. They produce quality hunts and satisfied hunters. Private and public.

Like others have said, if you think it's a bad deal put in for something else. You wouldnt have been able to hunt there anyway, good or bad.

Bingo!!!!!!! "cb" must one of the winneres/operators of a CWMU. This cash money point of view

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom