Dads 2C Private Land Buck

passthrough

Here are the pics of the buck my dad shot this morning in 2C. It was a private land only tag. Short and sweet, Im glad dad got this guy but man I wish we were still out there. The rut was just kicking in. This buck was with 13 does, and he was running them around like crazy. It was my first time to hear does bleeting and the buck was grunting as he was tending them, it was awesome to hear that. Sounds just like the old primos deer can! A great year for the late hunt in 2B and they should shoot some giants on the public 2C hunt.
4aff5fa02a7511b4.jpg

4aff5fe02b88b0fa.jpg

4aff60132c13a223.jpg

4aff603d2c876e1b.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-09 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]Nice monster buck! I myself have never heard mule deer make grunts and bleeting noises. That is an experience that you will never forget. Congrats!

Well done on putting another good one down Wes and congrats to you father on a great deer. No rutting action down South where I was hunting, must have been pretty cool to see.
-Cody

Well we got one more this morning. My buddy was the last guy on the ranch to take his buck. We had an accident on the shot, cought him in the back of the head as he was walking away. Broke the skull plate in two pieces.
4b0363f81a641068.jpg

4b03641e1ed18af6.jpg

4b03643b22b5795e.jpg

It was a great year on the ranch. Got some early rut activity which always helps. Cant wait til next year.

Those are some great bucks! Congrats!!!! hey just a question is the guy in that second pic at the back of the buck named HC he looks like an old friend of mine from high school.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom