Dads Bookcliffs muzzleloader hunt

chicken77

Well here's the late report, we made it to the Bookcliffs on the Sunday before the opener and scouted Monday and Tuesday. We saw lots of bucks but only one real good one. He was a +- 30" 3x4 that was tall and had good mass but really short points. On Wednesday morning we went looking for him but could not find him, we spent the rest of opening day looking for him to no avail. On Thursday morning we tried a spot where we had seen several bucks in the previous days and found a good 4x4 around 24" wide and my pops decided it was the buck he wanted and so the hunt ended there. With one shot at around 100 yards Dad put the deer in the dirt and our adventure was over.

Here is dad paying last respects to the buck ha ha
Dads deer 2.jpg
Dads deer 3.jpg
Dads deer.jpg

Congrats. Good job guys. My son is 17 and been hunting with me since he was 5. My sons in his last year at the house before college He just got a good buck last weekend and I soaked in every moment. Enjoy those father son hunts guys, they are the best tags you’ll ever fill.

This hunt was all about spending time with my Dad. We enjoyed every second of it, from the wind rattling the cabin tent to the shooting of his deer all the way down to the dusty and bumpy ride off the mountain. At 69 years old, we're not sure if he'll draw another deer tag but he does have a few points for elk and hopefully he can draw that one before too long.

Congrats. Good job guys. My son is 17 and been hunting with me since he was 5. My sons in his last year at the house before college He just got a good buck last weekend and I soaked in every moment. Enjoy those father son hunts guys, they are the best tags you’ll ever fill.
I’m feeling this from both perspectives!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom