Dad's MI Antelope

PJHntr

This was the second antelope tag my dad has ever drawn. He was really excited for the hunt and we wanted to do our best to make the most of the tag. We were able to make a few scouting trips but still not as many as we would have liked. We saw several really good bucks during our trips as well as on the hunt but just nothing that looked "special". We finally ran into this buck and I told my dad that I thought he was a shooter. He didn't argue, I think by this time his trigger finger was pretty itchy. He made a great shot and dumped the buck. As happy as I was in the moment, it's antelope hunting so I was really nervous walking up to the buck, starting to doubt my initial judgment of it. To my surprize, he ended up being a little better then I thought (which never happens for me). It was a great hunt and we made great memories that we will have forever.

343dads_buck3.jpg

6249dads_buck1.jpg

281dads_buck2.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments.

505sniper, his longest was 16 1/8, 6" prongs and had really good mass. Can't remember all the exact measurements but he shouldn't have any problems netting out. My dad is 73 and is starting to wear out a little. He never thought he would kill an animal that would make the books.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom