Dall Sheep Help!

Wyo

I am wanting to book an Alaskan dall sheep hunt for fall of 2010. There seems to be a ton of outfitters out there so I am looking for recomendations. Also is there a go to website like an alaska outfitters association or something that lists all the outfitters and maybe perhaps there websites? I know for instance the wyoming guide and outfitters assoc. does this. Ultimately I would like to find a hunt that does not require expensive charter flights. Thanks in advance for the help.

You may want to take a look at the video Black Shale-White Sheep. Most of it was taken in the Brooks Range. Although the Brooks usually is fairly expensive flying into it is remote and you likely may not see anyone else. You can also do a dall sheep hunting search and will likely find a number of outfitters. Guided sheep hunts in AK are going for around $14,000 to $15k and that doesn't include flights, licenses, etc. The air flight into your sheep camp is only a fraction of the cost!

I will second getting that video and talking with Rick French. And he does have a spot open for next year, at least he did two weeks ago.

Good luck and let us know who you pick.

I had just watched the above mentioned video! It makes me want a dall even more. I just killed my first bighorn ram last week and I definately got sheep fever! Thanks for the recomendations, a fellow hunters word can mean a lot.

Wyo,
I just got back from my dall sheep hunt with Todd Walton of Alaska Big Game Safaris. Look at the add in the upper left of the screen.I had a great time as did the other two succesful hunters in camp. Todd does a great job taking great care of his hunters making sure they have a succesful, fun and safe trip. I killed my ram on the 5th day of the hunt and was the last one to fill my tag. I saw over 30 rams with 12-15 being legal sheep befor I chose to shoot mine. (39.5x38) Todd has figured out this little honey hole and only takes three hunters a year into it. He's been 100% for the last 4 years now.
This was my 3rd dall sheep hunt,Gana River-NWT and Blackstone Outfittrs-Yukon the others, all of which are great outfitters and friends and all have their +'s and -'s. At 11,500. for Todd's hunt, it's hard to find that kind of price these days for a sheep hunt. You really should give Todd a call if you are serious about booking a hunt for next year as he only has two spots left.
If you want some more info on any of my hunts pm me.
Bryan

4aaaac383f562708.jpg

4aaaae704e414f91.jpg

A couple of pics.
Bryan

Which glacier are you on? And is that a crevasse or moulin next to you? Slipping into a moulin that large would probably be certain death. Did you consider carrying an axe? Congratulations on a nice ram.

We had an ax back at camp but never carried it with. I would think falling into any of the holes(moulins) would be certin death.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom