danner boots review

davis5

I know we have cover how much danner boots have gone down hill the last few years. I was wondering If anyone has tired the newer montana huntergtx boots. they look like a sheep hunter type boot.
thanks davis5

With all due respect, I wish people would be more specific as to model with their criticism of Danner. I have not witnessed any degradation in quality among the American made Danners which represents the upper end of their line.

That said, there are some Danners that are not made in the US that are pretty darn good boots like the Talus, Montanas and Quarrys.

You just can't say across the board that Danner is good or bad anymore. It depends on the model and Danner is certainly not alone in that respect.

I think the Talus and Montanas are good boots. They are not as robust as some boots and they have a little softer outsole than I personally prefer but they are solid performers.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Just want to weigh in here. I was looking at a pair of Kennetrek a few weeks ago and Hardcore gave me some advice. All I can say is I would listen to what he has to say. The advice he passed on to me was very accurate and I really appreciate it.

Slide

I've always worn Danners....from a work boot to a hunting boot. I think they are comfortable boots. They may not be the most waterproof boot but I like them. I suppose with anything, some may be better than others.

Steve

Last year I tried a pair of Pronghorns. They only made it 2 months before ripping out behind the hill. Cabelas was great, they gave me store credit to try another brand.

Either I am not as critical on boots or I just have had good luck with the Danner Pronghorn line but I love both pairs that I have.

I have the Pronghorn that I hunt in and keep them rubbed down with mink oil all the time. They aren't 100% waterproof but they do well and I have had no blowouts on my current pair and I am going on 3 years. My previous pair of Pronghorn's lasted about 2 years before blowing out but I didn't put a drop of oil on them.

I have a pair of Danner GTX, basically the military version of the Pronghorn, that I wear every day for work that I love as well.

These boots just seems to fit and support my feet really well and I have no complaints with them.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom