Danner Pronghorn

O

OKbow87

hey i was just wonderin if any of you guys have used these boots before. i am going on my first western big game hunt next fall and need to get a pair of quality boots. i am going in mid october, so i was thinking about getting the uninsulated version. any input is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

There's already been a discussion on the Danners quality of late. Do a search for it.. I bought these same boots last year and I wasn't impressed. I conditioned them before every trip and they look wore out. They also hurt the front of my feet pretty bad. I had to keep the boot fairly loose to keep it some what comfortable. Good luck in your search for a good boot.

IB

I bought them this last year and I really like them. Very comfortable. I got the unisulated type and the are very lightweight and an enjoy to wear. So far they held good. I believe it is what fits your feet that you should buy. I have real good luck wearing Hi-Tech Magnums, they always feel good but fall apart fairly quickly. I'm thinging of getting the Perfeckt Hunter Boot from Meindl as my next set.

They are the best paid of boots I have ever owned
I bought the insulated set
Awsome boots.

I bought the insulated pair two years ago and they are the most comfortable boot I've ever owned. I've only worn them during hunting season until this year. I like them so much that I'm beginning to wear them regularly. I've read on other post that many people are unhappy with them and their quality but for me they are the best. I will add that I am flat footed and maybe the shape of my foot likes this boot for that reason. I would also like to add that I never broke these boots in and started hunting and hiking intensley from day one and they have never hurt my feet. I'm sold!!!! fatrooster.

I have a pair of the short ones and they are light and comfortable. They are the uninsulated and I wear them for the early seasons. Danner's tend to run narrow so make sure you try a pair on before buying.

Hated them, they squeeked when I walked and blew out in the middle of their second elk season. In my oppinion Danners are over priced mid quality boots.

Best pair of boots I have ever owned. My boots have 400 grain insulation. They do well in the snow. I made sure my Gore Tex was solid by standin in the tub with the water up to the top of the tounge area. They never leaked. The leather wears fast but they are so light, durable, plyable, comfortable, waterproof, that I don't care if the wear out faster that totugher leather boots.

I will buy another pair next year.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom